Roll call of everyone who is done with this program

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Please just post your name here. Makes it easier than 90 new threads. No judgement. Enjoy your Saturdays with no obligation to the Gophers!

Not done - I had my moment last year. Not proud, but it was the lowest of the low to lose to Illinois the way we did.
Imma make it thru this season and decide on whether I can justify the cost of season tickets if my friends no longer want to suffer alongside me. Beyond that I’m enjoying mountain biking on fall weekends a helluva lot more.

Just gotta make space for folks to feel their feels. Passion is what makes a fanbase.

I'll never be done with this team. I feel for the kids. This coaching staff needs to figure it out or go, last night was unforgivable and that was 100% on the guys making lots of money to put those kids in a position to win. I'm done with them.

Not done, but as everyone here knows I felt for quite some time we have a buffoon for a Gameday coach. It’s sad. I’ve also been optimistic about his recruiting but I guess at this point there’s not a lot of choice other than to think that the SOB caught lightning in a bottle with a ton of NFL kids in 19 that weren’t his kids and then a once in a lifetime RB in Mo that has him with a doubled salary and a ridiculous buyout, and here we sit, stuck with his Stupid ass.

Not done either, but its hard to justify spending 3.5 hours on Saturday watching these games for less than mediocre results. The games have been slowly taking longer to watch with fewer actual plays being played. These are average duration of the games and plays per games

Screenshot 2024-09-22 101203.png

Last edited:

Absolutely not done. We have a lot of great kids in this program who are giving it their best. I support them, now more than ever because I feel that it is our coaching staff that is more likely the issue. I will treat this season as if we are underdogs in all future games, celebrate the players’ efforts and accept the fact that our coaches’ limitations might be the anchor holding us down.

Absolutely not done. We have a lot of great kids in this program who are giving it their best. I support them, now more than ever because I feel that it is our coaching staff that is more likely the issue. I will treat this season as if we are underdogs in all future games, celebrate the players’ efforts and accept the fact that our coaches’ limitations might be the anchor holding us down.
Great kids giving their best. Who cares. It's a business. Results matter. If you want to feel good about college kids playing for the love of the game, go watch the MIAC. This is big time and big money entertainment and if people want to spend their discretionary income on things that entertain them more, I can't say I blame them.

Now that there is payment involved, probably some quite substantial, are we still talking “kids”. I know in age they are, but besides the education they are financially benefiting. I think this changes things a bit, at least for me.

Great kids giving their best. Who cares. It's a business. Results matter. If you want to feel good about college kids playing for the love of the game, go watch the MIAC. This is big time and big money entertainment and if people want to spend their discretionary income on things that entertain them more, I can't say I blame them.
WOW! Just wow. That explains a lot...

People who feel like that should go.

Without a Big Ten West, and getting to play a hapless Nebraska, along with some other programs that were going through some doldrums (ILL until Beilema came along, for example), I think we're going to have to recalibrate what are reasonable expectations for this program.

What??? Leave the quicker the better. I’m just not making the trip to twin cities anytime soon. Just staying at home to watch where it’s way cheaper.

I’ve got season tickets so will ride out this season, unless some really weird stuff happens or drake Lindsay shows a lot of promise, I will not be renewing

To you college football is principally a business. To many oldsters such as me, it is still a collegiate activity with business elements. If you want a purely professional football experience, you are lucky. You can root for an in-town NFL team. I respect how you feel—that Gopher football is simply a business. But I feel very differently.

Please just post your name here. Makes it easier than 90 new threads. No judgement. Enjoy your Saturdays with no obligation to the Gophers!
Or….. bear with me a moment here….. you could just not read those threads if you don’t like them 🤷‍♂️

I'm not done. My season tickets will be renewed regardless, but with NIL and portal issues, I am starting to look at the game differently..... more simple enjoyment of the freedom to go, and attend, it is great being on campus, weather often spectacular like last night.

Learning to accept a loss and fact that it is difficult to build a program here due to the "general" disinterest of 90% of the populous of this state, which will never back the funding needed.

Less following of other programs and their games hoping for failure....too negative.

Enjoy the game and enjoy the day. Life is short.

If/when I drop it will be due to the professionalization of college football, not due to the performance.

2019 was the outlier. It's that simple. In the era of NIL, the transfer portal, and an 18-team conference with no divisions, the goal is to win 6 games and go to a bowl. Anything more than that is gravy.

2019 was the outlier. It's that simple. In the era of NIL, the transfer portal, and an 18-team conference with no divisions, the goal is to win 6 games and go to a bowl. Anything more than that is gravy.
Exactly, even if we found an elite coach we are still limited by geography and NIL. Pretty tough to consistently have a leg up on more than a handful of Big10 teams as pretty much all of them are in better situations.

Top Bottom