Rodrick Williams Jr.

btowngopher

Reaction score
I think I remember some people taking jabs at Kill for getting this unknown kid to verbal while having no other offers. He now has offers from Utah and Iowa and is visiting Iowa soon. Hopefully he sticks with the gophs.

If he's looking for early playing time in a run friendly offense it would be wise for him to stick with his Minnesota commitment.

If he's looking for early playing time in a run friendly offense it would be wise for him to stick with his Minnesota commitment.

......or Iowa since for the same reason with a better coach and a higher probability to ever see the NFL. Marcus Coker is a SO who in conf play only went over 1000 yards and they need another horse to spread it around and change gears to vs. going to the gophers seeing early playing time only to get your teeth kicked in. Too bad recruits dont read these boards, I'd tell them to ask the players who are there now...."would you do it again, would you sign with MN if you could do it all over again":p

......or Iowa since for the same reason with a better coach and a higher probability to ever see the NFL. Marcus Coker is a SO who in conf play only went over 1000 yards and they need another horse to spread it around and change gears to vs. going to the gophers seeing early playing time only to get your teeth kicked in. Too bad recruits dont read these boards, I'd tell them to ask the players who are there now...."would you do it again, would you sign with MN if you could do it all over again":p

Did you enjoy losing to Iowa State, Minnesota, and Nebraska this year? It seems like every rival you played kicked your teeth in...

I'd have Rodrick ask some of those Iowa players how they enjoyed their stay in the hospital after some of those "conditioning sessions" last Spring.

Who wants to live in Iowa though?

Who would want to play for a coach that can't get his team up for a rival game. Players quit on the capt. year after year. Game after game. Same old song. Now go out and slop your pigs (Floyd is excluded), because he is happy in Mpls. and does not reside in ioweeeeeeee any longer.

MspHawk sounds like a cities person. Even pigeye fans don't want to live among the pig farmers.

Aside from the other responses, please tell me how you're sure Ferentz is the better coach? We know his pedigree in Big10 play, we don't know Kill's over the long haul yet as it's too early to tell. I DO know that Ferentz was completely outcoached by Kill head to head this year and lost to a team with less talent. I ALSO know that in year one of Kill vs Kirk's first year at Iowa, Kill had better results, winning 3 overall games and 2 conference games (Ferentz 1-10, 0-8).

I don't know how you tried to play the playing time argument... we are clearly at a HUGE lack of depth, while Coker still has a year or more to play at Iowa. He will be the feature back and any play time will be spread around sparingly to other RBs (keep in mind there are others already on the depth chart behind Coker at Iowa). If you think ANY running back is worried about getting their "teeth kicked in" while playing young, then you have a different view on how players think. He isn't worried about that. And if he is, Kill probably doesn't want him.

Playing in the NFL??? Iowa has produced ONE running back that is currently on an NFL roster, Shonn Greene. If anything I'd say RBs tend to have MORE issues at Iowa with Hampton, Wegher, and Robinson all having transferred recently (under a coaching staff that has been continuous)... wonder why???

I find it so hard to believe (well, not that hard I guess given that the intelligence of a segment of Hogeye fans couldn't fill, metaphorically, a thimble) that an Iowa fan would come in here and give us crap.

The last two years we have struggled mightily as a football team and still managed to beat Iowa!! Badger fans have a right to talk some crap, but since people on these boards have pretty short memories, I think Hogeye fans should take their snark and stupid comments elsewhere.

Pantherhawk?

It's too coherent to be Pantherhawk but still dumb enough to be an Iowa fan.

He said he wanted early PT, and the Hawkfan points to Coker being a SO. Brilliant!

Also I'm sure if you asked a kid in HS, hey, if you could do it all over again, would you want to play for a 7-5 football team, in the middle of a cow pasture, get drubbed by every single rival all while playing for a coach who literally almost killed you in the offseason? I doubt it. Iowa's program is better than MN's at this moment, but it's nothing to brag about.

I'm sure Williams wants some type of social life. Does Iowa City have a building taller than a Dairy Queen?

Speaking of Pantherhawk, I was walking through the toy department at Target the other day (don't ask me why, my kids are grown) and saw that they had some really boss lightsabers.

Ugh..Iowa? I'm usually not a "pull his scholarship!" guy, since I think you're cutting your nose to spite your face. But Iowa? I guess we've "cut" two players as well, so it would be hypocritical to criticize him for disloyalty. That said....Iowa!?!

Ugh..Iowa? I'm usually not a "pull his scholarship!" guy, since I think you're cutting your nose to spite your face. But Iowa? I guess we've "cut" two players as well, so it would be hypocritical to criticize him for disloyalty. That said....Iowa!?!

He's from Texas, he doesn' know how bad Iowa sucks. He will after his trip.

......or Iowa since for the same reason with a better coach and a higher probability to ever see the NFL....

LOL. Good one. I'm still laughing. I know many squakeye fans and almost ALL of them can't stand Ferentz. Yup, great coach.

LOL. Good one. I'm still laughing. I know many squakeye fans and almost ALL of them can't stand Ferentz. Yup, great coach.

Yeah, Ferentz is the same guy that tons of Iowa fans wanted to be canned after he beat them (again), and they have 1 RB in the NFL.

Kill, at least, has two running backs in the NFL (Spann and Jacobs)

Looks like Kill will be in Texas tomorrow to try and lock down Rodrick's committment per Matt O'Connel from Rivals tweet: Kill and Poore will be in Texas tomorrow visiting Rodrick Williams. I am sure they will try and talk him out of visit to Iowa. #Gophers

Marcus Coker has never touched Floyd. Why don't you go back to Iowa if it's so f##king great. Loser.

For whatever it's worth, rivals no longer has Rodrick visiting or holding an Iowa offer.

"#Minnesota RB commit Rodrick Williams Jr. has decided not to visit #Iowa next week as previously scheduled according to his coach today"

"#Minnesota RB commit Rodrick Williams Jr. has decided not to visit #Iowa next week as previously scheduled according to his coach today"
Smart move, Iowa is a pit.

Sounds like Jerry had a productive visit down to Texas. :cool:

LOL, the Iowa Rivals mods removed his scholly offer after he decided not to visit, ha. Iowa def offered.

Smart kid, wish I could have been a fly on the wall for to see what Kill said to him.

Top Bottom