Rodney today-best I've seen him play

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
There's many on here who have seen much more of Rodney over his first couple years as a Gopher, but what I saw today was exactly what I have been hoping he would evolve into. I have read many posts/heard many comments complaining about Rodney's shot, but from my point of view the biggest thing that has held him back was his mediocre ball handling skills. Today, I saw him able to slash while dribbling through the lane and I couldn't have been happier. Is his outside shot still scary? Yes, but he can add so much to the team if he continues playing the style he displayed today.

Well the biggest difference is just his confidence and aggressiveness. He's trying to make things happen instead of waiting for something to open up.

I don't care if Rodney ever takes another jump shot...if a guy is playing him close he should drive, if not, pass and cut...he is a freak at the rim...get him the ball.

What I loved was his willingness and ability to bring the ball up the floor while being guarded...last year that was a for sure TO but he appears to have significantly improved his ball handling...which is great for transition and breaking the press.

Rodney is now coming into his own. A kid with his hops and size can be an NBA player - he has 2 years to work on it. I bet we are starting to see the making of the real NBA Rodney.

Rodney was an absolute beast today. It was nice to see the aggression and I thought he showed some improved ball-handling under pressure.

No doubt this was Rodney's best game as a Gopher. It was as if something clicked the last game and a half and he (especially today) attacked the basket and really used his athleticism. He started looking to make things happen as opposed to being afraid to make a mistake. He is much more effective on the baseline than he is on the perimeter and that really showed today.

Go Gophers!!

The most impressive play IMHO was where Rodney drove the right baseline, around the person defending him and Trevor screened out his own defender to open up the block for Rodney. That needs to happen more.

If Rodney takes the next step, we may have a very good team this year.

I agree that Rodney taking it to the basket was one of the most encouraging signs today and that certainly would not have happened without improved ballhandling skills. If Rodney can take guys off the bounce consistently, that will add an element to the offense we just don't have.

Top Bottom