Rittenberg names BPT the 25th best player in the Big Ten

Something tells me he'll have Pryor or Clark at #1. But Decker should be top 5, IMO.

And it's great to know someone thinks we have one of the top corners in the conference :)

I actually like the placement for BPT. He is an elite CB in the Big 10, and with Jenkins and Davis gone he really has a chance to make a big name for himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he was around the top 10 of this list if he pulls together a great season.

Its nice to see Gophers get pre-season pub. Simmons definitely had his moments last year, especially against OSU, NU, the Illini and in the NC games. However, he faded the last four games and I recall seeing the back of his jersey too many times. I hope for a solid and consistent season from him and he is able to anchor the secondary and actually be a top Big Ten CB.

I was just gonna say....Weber has to be around the top 10-15 right?

The passing efficiency stats show Weber the 4th best returning QB behind Pryor, Juice and Stanzi. In BT play Weber was a meager 113.5 compared to Pryor 151.3, Juice 143.7 and Stanzi 132.2. IMO, not worthy of a top rating. I still wonder why he received 2nd BT honors.

The passing efficiency stats show Weber the 4th best returning QB behind Pryor, Juice and Stanzi. In BT play Weber was a meager 113.5 compared to Pryor 151.3, Juice 143.7 and Stanzi 132.2. IMO, not worthy of a top rating. I still wonder why he received 2nd BT honors.

Because he did more with less. Pryor only threw the ball like 10 times a game and had 2 NFL WRs on the outside. Stanzi just handed it to Shonn Greene 30 times a game, and Juice was wildly inconsistent. Weber was our entire offense after Decker went out

I find Adam Weber similar to AA Kalique....moments of really good heads up play, coupled with struggles to get it done on the fly and then typical bad bounces. HE could be coached up to be better and hope that is the case this year. Still happy to have him in maroon and gold.

We didn't need him winning 9/10 games for the Badgers and having reusse write about another classy MN kid in WI.

I find Adam Weber similar to AA Kalique....moments of really good heads up play, coupled with struggles to get it done on the fly and then typical bad bounces. HE could be coached up to be better and hope that is the case this year. Still happy to have him in maroon and gold.

We didn't need him winning 9/10 games for the Badgers and having reusse write about another classy MN kid in WI.

I disagree. Abdul-Khaliq was a decent player, but nowhere near the class of Weber, in my opinion. He was protected a lot by the fact that he had a cavalcade of NFL RBs come through the program while he was here. One could argue that Weber himself has been our best "RB" the last two years, especially after Bennett got hurt last year.

I agree that both are/were up-and-down players, but I don't think A-K had anywhere near the ceiling that Weber does. This will be further evidenced when Weber is drafted in 2011, whereas A-K went undrafted in '04.

I agree the stable of RBs around Khaliq were B10 standouts. That makes a huge difference.

Okay, I'll bite:

AAK was just as good as AW. The difference is that they never took the training wheels off AAK in that very conservative offense.

I want Weber to make a big step this year. If he plays the rest of his career like last year, he doesn't have a guaranteed starting job. That's just the painful reality at this level of play. At the same time, Gopher football would be a horror movie without him.

completely agree

Okay, I'll bite:

AAK was just as good as AW. The difference is that they never took the training wheels off AAK in that very conservative offense.

I want Weber to make a big step this year. If he plays the rest of his career like last year, he doesn't have a guaranteed starting job. That's just the painful reality at this level of play. At the same time, Gopher football would be a horror movie without him.

I have to add as well:
AW played behind the worst OL I have seen the recent gophers have, and the skill position players were full of inexperience and injuries(a la Bennett and Decker). SO I cannot fully blame his sub-par season on him but the conditions as well

Top Bottom