Rittenberg and the Big Ten QBs

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post, been lurking on GH since a week before the '06 collapse in the Insight Bowl. Been an avid Gopher fan (shameless homer) since '02. Big time Brewster booster, love what he's doing for the face of the program.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigten/0-3-780/Big-Ten-position-rankings--Quarterbacks.html

My question - How do the Gophers get ranked 2nd in the conference and not 1st for QBs when Rittenberg asserts that he is ranking based on the depth of the whole unit and not individually??? Juice has the ability and yardage, but his overall numbers leave something to be desired. Plus, the Illini's next best QB according to Rivals Ranking is a two star 5.3 who does not have that impressive of numbers over his career as a backup. Pretty sure we have a QB unit that would be more highly regarded in the eyes of those who know a thing or two about the Big Ten, though rankings, etc. don't necessarily mean a thing. I'm just surprised that a heavy hitter like Penn State with Clark didn't make it in the top two. tOSU at 3rd is a joke until Pryor proves otherwise.

I think Clark is getting the shaft in a lot of preseason polls. I was very impressed with him last year and I think he is probably the best QB going into this season. I thought playing Pryor last year was a mistake but watching him he is soo fast and a much much better passer than I thought he was going to be. Juice has yet to really impress me. I thought last year he was going to come out and tear it up, but games like the one he played against the Gophers were truly how he played all year. I don't know if he put a whole game together all season.
Now Weber. I think he is good and probably better than what we've seen. I do not think he is a shot gun qb and should not be running as much as he has in the past. I think Weber is a pro style qb that needs a running game to give himself some room...which hopefully we'll see this year. Last year it was on the brink of painful watching Weber in the shot gun on every snap....he was a sitting duck. 4th and 1 and they lineup in the shotgun? So in reality its 4th and 5? Don't get it

1. Clark
2. Pryor
3. Weber
4. Juice

Top Bottom