Right Now...Are we the second best team in the Big Ten?

beowulftom

Reaction score
This might be a reach but I think right now we are playing better than Illinois and Purdue and MSU.

Conservatively, that puts us at three, behind OSU and WI.

Interested where people think we rank.

Did we just beat MSU? Yes.
Are we better than them right now? Unlikely.

Did we just beat MSU? Yes.
Are we better than them right now? Unlikely.
I kind of agree with this. I'd still pick MSU if the two teams met in the NCAAs, and I'd still take OSU and Wisconsin over the Gophers. But 4th isn't a bad place to be.

And I'll add.

I loved today's win...but although Purdue is #6, I honestly don't think they warrant being in the top 20 at the moment.

And I'll add.

I loved today's win...but although Purdue is #6, I honestly don't think they warrant being in the top 20 at the moment.

Don't sell 'em too short. They had a tough time of it today, but, if the players banged up today are healthy, they are a dangerous team.

The Gophers, at least right now, seem to have congealed into something special. A very complete squad, I suppose 4th in the BT is pretty good considering the year that's happened.Though IMO , MSU looks off their usual game.

Don't sell 'em too short. They had a tough time of it today, but, if the players banged up today are healthy, they are a dangerous team.
They might be dangerous if they can hit shots, but without Rob they're still nothing more than a fringe top-25 team, at best.

Don't get me wrong. Not trying to knock the Gophers.

But this isn't the 14-0 Purdue.

They might be dangerous if they can hit shots, but without Rob they're still nothing more than a fringe top-25 team, at best.

Hopefully all three Purdue junior players come back strong next year to make a serious run. Moore can still take over a game this year with some help.

Hopefully all three Purdue junior players come back strong next year to make a serious run. Moore can still take over a game this year with some help.
They'll be back. It's pretty clear that neither JJ or E'Twaun are anywhere near ready for the NBA, and I know Rob still wants more in college. I'm just going to have a hard time enjoying it too much because I assume somebody will be seriously injured again in February.

Yeah, I say Purdue wins the NCAA's next year, and the Gophers the next.

That's my Big Ten fantasy.

Top Bottom