Ricky Kreklow says Gophs trail Mizzou, but likes Tubby, Barn and coaching staff

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per a an interview with Monter. In the interview, he states:

"It was nice," he said. "I really liked the nostalgic feel of the gym. It's a old gym, but you can tell there is a lot of history. I really liked the facilities. It's a great locker room. I really liked Tubby Smith. Of course. Great coach who won a national championship. He is a very prestigious coach and the rest of the coaching staff from (Ron) Jirsa to his son (Saul). All the way through. All good coaches. You can just tell that they are going in the right direction."

Kreklow admitted that he could see himself wearing Maroon and Gold in college.

"It's a great place," he said. "It's definitely near the top of my list. It's probably not quite ahead of Mizzou at the time, but it is definitely right up there, probably my second pick at the time. But, who knows what will develop later on this summer as I develop more of a relationship with the coaches and it could possibly very well be where I end up."

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/864330.html

Go Gophers!!

I overheard him talking to someone at the Sabes and he made it seem like it was kind of a long shot that he would go to Missouri. He said even though they made it to the elite eight this year, he's not quite sure about the recruits they have coming in and he's not sure if they're going to be very good the next few years. He did mention that he loved the arena in Missouri and he's not a big fan of the cold weather here, but he made it seem like the chances of him going to Missouri were fairly slim.

Top Bottom