Richt: "Georgia is my home"; GA AD: "I fully expect Mark to be with us for a while.”

I have always thought that rumors of Richt's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

This is where we list all of the quotes from coaches (Nick Saban) that said they are staying and have no interest in leaving and then two weeks later leave.

True, but Richt is hardly a game player like Saban. If Richt says something, I'd pretty much automatically take that at face value, as I believe him to be an extremely straight-up and honest person. Saban? Well let's just say he knows how to 'play the game' and is not opposed to doing so.

So if Richt says he's not interested in any job but Georgia, then I highly doubt he's being coy.

I'm not sure saying,"Georgia is my home" equals saying that you wouldn't be interested in any other job. Actually, it seems like a fairly weak statement.

Whatever is the case, if Colorado is talking to him, we better be as well.

I have been telling you his job is not at risk for weeks.
If he left it would be because he wants to be leaving.

He has a freshman QB and a young defense that both look they are filled with potential. Richt will be the coach of a top 25 Georgia team next season.

Top Bottom