Richard Pitino on Gophers senior Michael Hurt: 'The classiest kid I've coached'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Following an impressive send-off for his seniors in Sunday’s 107-75 win against Nebraska, coach Richard Pitino made sure to thank co-captain Michael Hurt for the loyalty and leadership he gave to the program.

Hurt, a former Rochester John Marshall standout, is the first high school recruit from Minnesota to play four years under Pitino. He signed in the 2016 class with Hopkins product Amir Coffey, who left early for the NBA last year.

“When we first came here, we set out to get some of the best players in the state,” Pitino told the crowd after the game. “Michael Hurt was one of those. The classiest kid I’ve coached. Does things the right way in the classroom, in the community. He’s a leader and he’s about all the right things.”

Go Gophers!!

Michael Hurt and the other Seniors seem like really good young men. I wish them nothing but the best! GO GOPHERS.

I kind of feel bad because I sort of blasted Hurt's playing abilities replying to a Gopher MBB posting on Instagram. He seems like a tremendous kid, smart, I am sure he is going places in life outside of basketball. It's too bad we couldn't have used his Scholi for someone better though. Same with Rudrud...

I kind of feel bad because I sort of blasted Hurt's playing abilities replying to a Gopher MBB posting on Instagram. He seems like a tremendous kid, smart, I am sure he is going places in life outside of basketball. It's too bad we couldn't have used his Scholi for someone better though. Same with Rudrud...

Rudrud was given a scholarship for 1 year. He was a walk on and we had an unfilled scholarship.

Always have liked Michael's attitude and demeanor. He's been more optimistic and joyful then most of us would have been. Hindsight is 20/20, but Matthew would have made a great 3 headed monster with Carr and Oturu as well as getting to play alongside his brother

Top Bottom