Reusse: These Gophers can pull it together and equal the four Big Ten wins the Year Zeroes put up last season.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Pat:

You had to like what was seen from the Gophers, after seeing what had been seen previously.

It was enough to put me on this limb: These Gophers can pull it together and equal the four Big Ten wins the Year Zeroes put up last season.

Go Gophers!!

I can't read the story so I'll make stuff up. Here is the concerning part to me:
We have chosen to build a team the old fashioned way, by recruiting freshmen.
If this is the route, the freshmen need to play and more importantly develop.
Wisconsin:
I wrote: The freshmen are looking more comfortable. Ola Joseph is still probably our best freshman.
Payne had a nice game with 8 points and 3 rebounds.
Henley showed his potential on the defensive end.
Carrington pretty much anonymous after hitting a 3 early.
17 points out of those 4 guys has to improve. (5 if we add TT)

Followed by Nebraska:
Ola Joseph continues as best player among freshmen with 12 points in 32 minutes but only 1 reb
Payne 20 min and 4 points and 2 reb
Henley 12 min 4 points
Carrington 9 min no points
If we add Thompson from last year's freshmen...he didn't play at WI and had 2 min vs Nebraska

For us to get better in the future as a team these 5 guys have to get better.
The four upperclassmen are starting and playing more minutes. They are playing better but are not good enough to win games. Samuels got us to overtime today and he won't be here next year.

There is time for the freshmen to figure it out but it is looking so far more like any improvement in 23/24 is going to have to come from Ihnen, Fox, Evans and Christie. And probably a couple good guards in the transfer portal if the third year year is going to be Ben's best year. Pretty hopeful, the third year will be the best but how good is that? The bar is going to be 4 conference wins.
It could be good next year but was hoping the 5 young guys would be doing more at this point.
You know, an outburst of scoring once in awhile...just not sure it will happen this year for those
4 guys other than Ola Joseph grinding. We seem to have one so far...who emerges next in this group of 5?
The dark side: What if our experience and points go elsewhere? Cooper, Battle, Garcia

Last edited:

Top Bottom