Reusse: Kamal Martin compiles highlight reel for Blaze, Gophers and now Packers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pat:

This sounds like a message received in a P.J. Fleck team meeting, and Martin offers gratitude to two Gophers coaching staffs — Fleck’s and Tracy Claeys’ — for his presence in the NFL.

Martin had made a verbal commitment to play quarterback at Eastern Michigan before attending a Gophers spring camp before his senior season at Burnsville. Claeys’ staff went bonkers at seeing Martin — then 220 pounds — working out against other top athletes and said, “Come to Minnesota and play linebacker.”

Martin laughed slightly on Wednesday and said:

“I’ve been seeing Aaron Rodgers in practice every day. It’s very humbling to see him work his craft, and also to find out I was lucky that my quarterback career ended in high school.”

Go Gophers!!

Kamal gives me a good reason to watch the game...

Last edited:

He is going to be a very good NFL player!

I had forgotten that he was a QB in HS.

Whatever you think about Claeys as a head coach, he could spot defensive talent.

I had forgotten that he was a QB in HS.

Whatever you think about Claeys as a head coach, he could spot defensive talent.
Even though it's a huge high school, for whatever reason, they don't seem to do well in football? Maybe good players in the district transfer to Eastview, Lakeville's, and now Prior Lake (particularly kids living in Savage but in 191?)?

Point being, he probably never left the field for them, and they put their superstar athlete in the two most important positions.

Even though it's a huge high school, for whatever reason, they don't seem to do well in football? Maybe good players in the district transfer to Eastview, Lakeville's, and now Prior Lake (particularly kids living in Savage but in 191?)?

Point being, he probably never left the field for them, and they put their superstar athlete in the two most important positions.
Burnsville's draw area is not as affluent as some of the other areas of the district. Kamal led Burnsville to a 9-2 record losing in the section championship. He was a stud.

Top Bottom