Reusse: Enjoy the bluster, Gophers zealots. Sometimes it can work at higher level

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pat with a rambling blog:

Coyle wasn’t going to hire a football coach like Miles. He’s had enough issues with looking like a lap dog for Kaler, and he wasn’t going to turn the athletic department completely over to a football coach of Miles’ stature.

Enjoy the bluster, Gophers zealots. Sometimes it can work at a higher level than the MAC.

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-flec...-kaler-and-coyle-several-weeks-ago/409918995/

Go Gophers!!

Reusse is a guy who you would call cancer in the locker room. In the media he is a guy who is cancer to the community. If he doesn't get his way he pouts, if he doesn't feel good that day he is going to pout and write a lousy article. Once in a while he writes a nice article, but he is one unhappy guy and has issues. I'm surprised that the trib has allowed him to keep writing for them. He does represent them after all. No I don't buy the paper because of him. In fact I typically don't read his articles.

He's probably pretty accurate about a lot of his "intuition". It's pretty obvious in hindsight that they had it in for Claeys well before the Holiday Bowl.

Fleck might not work. I would rather have had someone I've never heard of than Les Miles.

LSU fans wish they had quarterback play and clock management as good as us.

Fat Pat got this one right. Who knows if Fleck can win in the Big Ten. In the end, all the rah rah whatever wont win football games. The team with the best players who are best prepared and work the hardest win football games. Frankly, I don't care if the coach is quiet like Claeys or jumping out of his skin like Fleck...just win and I am in. We won 9 last season and 8 twice in the previous 3 season. That is the benchmark he needs to exceed to get my loyalty. Otherwise, fire them all.

And Coyle is still scum of the highest order and winning the National Championship wont change my opinion of that guy.

Fat Pat got this one right. Who knows if Fleck can win in the Big Ten. In the end, all the rah rah whatever wont win football games. The team with the best players who are best prepared and work the hardest win football games. Frankly, I don't care if the coach is quiet like Claeys or jumping out of his skin like Fleck...just win and I am in. We won 9 last season and 8 twice in the previous 3 season. That is the benchmark he needs to exceed to get my loyalty. Otherwise, fire them all.

And Coyle is still scum of the highest order and winning the National Championship wont change my opinion of that guy.

anyone with a modicum of interest in gopher football knew about everything he wrote in the article - no new information.

and chill the flip out with the 'fire them all' talk - who are you dude we literally just hired a football coach and had a press conference less than 6 hour ago

+1

Honest question, who did Reusse want the Gophers to hire? Miles? What would he have written in said case?

Top Bottom