Reusse column: Schedule, stadium not attractive enough for U

Just when I thought he couldn't get any lazier.

make-love-not-warcraft.jpg

Why is it surprising that the Gophers couldn't get 50,000 for Penn State? It's not about the opponent, it's about the Gophers. The Gophers were 1-5 going in to that game and had already lost to teams far inferior to Penn State at home. What would be the incentive to go to the game? The University failure to put competitive teams on the field is why nobody shows up. The Gophers could play Alabama next week and Texas in 2 weeks and there wouldn't be a huge uptick in interest from Gopher fans. Now, if we felt like we had a legitimate chance to WIN those games, then there would be a significant increase in interest/attendance. Watching a team lose sucks, whether it is in the Dome or TCF.

Just when I thought he couldn't get any lazier.

Oh the classic gopherhole line that he or they are lazy when people don't like the message. I remember hearing the same claim of laziness thrown at the preseason pollsters/prognosticators when they picked the gophers to have a terrible season.

It looks like Reusse updated his column and it now is: "Ousted coach dodges brutal Buckeyes blowout"

Go Gophers!!

Oh the classic gopherhole line that he or they are lazy when people don't like the message. I remember hearing the same claim of laziness thrown at the preseason pollsters/prognosticators when they picked the gophers to have a terrible season.

I disagree. The laziness comment, I believe, comes from him writing something that is pretty darn obvious and redundant. What was new, as someone else noted here? Ticket sales are down and the team is bad ... what a revelation. He's just piling on at this point instead of actually going out to find a good story from any one of a million places around the state. The shame is that he can be better than this.

I guess I can't blame Reusse for writing something negative about one of the worst gopher teams in recent history, it's his job. That being said, I wish Reusse would retire the ''announced vs. Actual attendance'' stories. He does it with literally every team and it's kind of a tired angle at this point.

Top Bottom