Reusse: Announcement coming Tuesday on Gophers' AD situation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Reusse tweets:

"Announcement coming Tuesday on Gophers' AD situation."

"Best guess (and only that): Maturi to retire next summer &.search for replacement to begin."

Go Gophers!!

Timing is right for Joel to step aside, and also to begin the search for a new AD.

Thanks Bleed.

Reusse tweets:

"Announcement coming Tuesday on Gophers' AD situation."

"Best guess (and only that): Maturi to retire next summer &.search for replacement to begin."

Go Gophers!!

Lifetime contract!

I predict an announcement that Joel is staying 2 more years, but certainly retiring at that time. Therefore enabling him (just barely) enough time to pick his replacement.

I predict an announcement that Joel is staying 2 more years, but certainly retiring at that time. Therefore enabling him (just barely) enough time to pick his replacement.

Yikes howeda7. That would be a downer.

My hope is that Mr. Kaler wants his own AD and realizes that JM needs to vacate in spite of the assumed glowing reports that he received from Bruininks.

Hired on as AD for non-revenue generating sports

Minnesota breaks ground today as they announce an AD for all sports that do not make a profit or traditionally do not make a profit. Joe M has shown excellence in taking sports no one cares about and bringing excellence to these programs. We will be bringing someone else in to take care of all the sports where people may have an expectation for success ... football, basketball and hockey. Joe has shown if no one cares he can do a descent job of managing that. However, for the sports that people have expectations for Joe had demonstrated a compete failure to deliver.

If that's the case, Joel better get to work right now on the new AD's contract extension. Those things take a long time to get signed........

If that's the case, Joel better get to work right now on the new AD's contract extension. Those things take a long time to get signed........

It'll be complete June 29, 2014 so he can sign it the day before he retires. Tubby's isn't likely to be done by then. Lawyers.

Marcus Fuller blog: Maturi not sure

The key quote (this could be a Maturi quote for most any situation):

I just don’t know when the decision is going to come,” he said. ...."that decision will be made. But I’m not sure it will be made today....”

The key quote (this could be a Maturi quote for most any situation):

I just don’t know when the decision is going to come,” he said. ...."that decision will be made. But I’m not sure it will be made today....”

Reusse said on his show that his source might have been wrong on an announcement today. I certainly hope you have someone checking in on you so you don't harm yourself. Maybe you could call Wren since you're both so obsessed with Joel.

Reusse said on his show that his source might have been wrong on an announcement today. I certainly hope you have someone checking in on you so you don't harm yourself. Maybe you could call Wren since you're both so obsessed with Joel.

Good lord. I'm nowhere near Wren's league. I'm not even saving any special booze for the occasion as other are. At this point Maturi is fairly harmless as it appears all 3 major coaches are staying in place for a while, but I still look forward to the day he's gone.

Top Bottom