Resume Win!

bga1

Reaction score
This win will come in handy big time when it comes to either getting in or getting a better seed in the NCAAs. I'd be dissapointed if we went 10-8 in the Big Ten now but I think a win like this allows us to do that and still get in. Great win. Nolen is becoming a great point guard.......

This win will come in handy big time when it comes to either getting in or getting a better seed in the NCAAs. I'd be dissapointed if we went 10-8 in the Big Ten now but I think a win like this allows us to do that and still get in. Great win. Nolen is becoming a great point guard.......

I would NOT be disappointed in a 10-8 BT season. For (1), our BT schedule is not easy this year (it's average), and (2) the Big Ten is pretty strong this year. I'd venture to say that at least 5 of our Big Ten opponents will be at or only a small step below the Louisville team that we played well against, but didn't exactly dominate. This means to me that we will be in a lot of barn-burners this year.

Also, (3) besides Indiana, there are no weak teams in the Big Ten this year. Northwestern is the 2nd worst team, supposedly, yet they dominated a decent FSU team in the challenge this year. If the 2nd-worst team can dominate an ACC team, this should tell you the Big Ten is going to be tough.

Can we win every B10 home game this season? I know it's early and this is just speculation, but remember pre-scandal when you went to the Barn and expected a win regardless of who we were playing -- and you weren't often disappointed?

I don't think 11-7 is too optimistic. Obviously we will know more after the MSU game. But weren't we also saying that we would know more after today's game? I know this much -- I am very excited!

Can we win every B10 home game this season? I know it's early and this is just speculation, but remember pre-scandal when you went to the Barn and expected a win regardless of who we were playing -- and you weren't often disappointed?

I don't think 11-7 is too optimistic. Obviously we will know more after the MSU game. But weren't we also saying that we would know more after today's game? I know this much -- I am very excited!

I like our team and love their hustling style of play, but I'll hold off on extreme optimism yet. I think we're still a bubble team this year for the tourney. If we can beat MSU and OSU at the Barn in the next few weeks, and especially if we can then also beat Iowa on the road, I'll become a believer that the Gophers could make a splash in the BT and in the tourney. But until then, I see a team that struggles too often against inferior opponents to make me think that this team is any better than about #20-25 now, and likely to end up about #40-50 by season's end after a brutal BT season.

Top Bottom