Report: Gannett’s Iowa City Press-Citizen will outsource its Hawkeye sports coverage

Wow - that's crazy:

Iowa City radio station KCJJ reported Monday that the Iowa City Press-Citizen will stop covering University of Iowa Hawkeye sports and run stories from Des Moines Register sports reporters. (Both papers are owned by Gannett.) The Press-Citizen’s Pat Harty, who has covered the Hawkeyes for decades, will be reassigned to prep sports, according to the station’s report.

Go Gophers!!

Wow - that's crazy:

Iowa City radio station KCJJ reported Monday that the Iowa City Press-Citizen will stop covering University of Iowa Hawkeye sports and run stories from Des Moines Register sports reporters. (Both papers are owned by Gannett.) The Press-Citizen’s Pat Harty, who has covered the Hawkeyes for decades, will be reassigned to prep sports, according to the station’s report.

Go Gophers!!

Damn all those pro sports teams in I.C. stealing all the Hawks' coverage !!!

Well, I suppose it is a full time job reporting about all the arrests of players that you'd need some outside help to report on the actual 'sports' angle.

And in breaking news: other Twin Cities radio personalities will outsource their sarcastic comments about Gopher Football to Pat Reusse!

One thing I will say about Reusse, his "Turkey of the Year" award and column are pure genius.

I am waiting for Pat Reusse to present the award to www.gopherhole.com

Two things we can be sure of: 1) when Pat is gone, GopherHole will still be going; 2) Pat will still be an assh*le, but dead.

Maybe we could come with our Grinch, nah that's not harsh enough or nasty enough. But the award would go to the media member who had nothing good to say, and took every opportunity to snidely. Snidely Whiplash.
The Snidely Whiplash Award.

The only question is when, where, and who will present the award.

Top Bottom