Replay - did Tow-Arnett actually get 25+ yards?

cncmin

Reaction score
Watch the replay of the big 3rd-and-25 conversion catch by Nick Tow-Arnett. I swear he lands close to the 42 yard line, but the down marker is obviously right on the 41. So did he actually make the 25+ yards we needed? The first down was given on the play, correct? I remember saying when watching the play in real time that "it's too bad he still didn't get enough yards, but forgot about it until seeing the play a little closer up now. Seems to me the refs gave us one, here; although one could argue that they took away plenty in terms of yellow flags, so...

http://www.hulu.com/coaches-shows
Around the 7:00 mark.

Watch the replay of the big 3rd-and-25 conversion catch by Nick Tow-Arnett. I swear he lands close to the 42 yard line, but the down marker is obviously right on the 41. So did he actually make the 25+ yards we needed? The first down was given on the play, correct? I remember saying when watching the play in real time that "it's too bad he still didn't get enough yards, but forgot about it until seeing the play a little closer up now. Seems to me the refs gave us one, here; although one could argue that they took away plenty in terms of yellow flags, so...

http://www.hulu.com/coaches-shows
Around the 7:00 mark.

No kidding. I just watched the video and from the first angle it definitely looked like NTA didn't have the 1st down. Interestingly I thought for sure during the game that he *did* have the 1st down, that probably describes my pollyannaish bent of mind when watching the game.

At the Game...

From where I sit in TCF it looked short to me by at least a yard. Then the ball was spotted and my jaw dropped.

The guy to my left had the same expression of disbelief.

Then they called the first down and the rest is history.

Go Gophers! Beat Cal!

No, it doesn't look like he got it but that play doesn't begin to make up for the thousands of bad calls we've had go against the gophers.

Maybe with the new stadium we'll actually see a few calls go the gopher's way??

He didn't get it, I must've watched that part on the tape about 50 times.......

Oh well, I'll take it, lol.......

the refs said he got it, so he got it. spotting the football is subjective, if the opposing team does not challenge, then where the ball was spotted is where tow arnett was tackled.

I just saw it the one time on tv and he was woefully short of the first down line. I had thought that maybe the TV generated first down line was wrong but he definately didn't get the 1st down.

GO GOPHERS

From where I sit in TCF it looked short to me by at least a yard. Then the ball was spotted and my jaw dropped.

Then they called the first down and the rest is history.

Go Gophers! Beat Cal!

This is exactly the experience I had. Well, every once in a while we catch the positive side of bad officiating (which that game certainly had). Were they a MWC crew?

Top Bottom