Reaction score
Feb 10 vsILL 9:00 PM ET
Feb 13 @IOWA 6:00 PM ET
Feb 17 @PSU 7:00 PM ET
Feb 22 vsMSU 9:00 PM ET
Feb 26 vsMICH 4:30 PM ET
Mar 2 @NW 8:30 PM ET
Mar 6 vsPSU 1:00 PM ET

Realistically, the Gophers should be able to finish at least 5-2 and roll in the big ten tournament 21-9, a couple of wins there should lock up a NCAA tournament spot.

The question is whether or not they get in if they lose 3 of the last 8 and/or don't show well at the big ten.

Do they get in with a 23-10 record or 21-12?

With how the Gophers' roster is currently constructed, I don't see any scenario where 5 wins should be assumed. Yes, every game remaining on the schedule appears winnable (our toughest games are at home) with none of the heavyweights left, but the other side of that coin is the Gophers don't appear capable of winning any of these games by a comfortable margin. They're gonna' have to grind out some tough wins until (knock on wood) Al returns.

Realistically, the Gophers should be able to finish at least 5-2 and roll in the big ten tournament 21-9, a couple of wins there should lock up a NCAA tournament spot.

The question is whether or not they get in if they lose 3 of the last 8 and/or don't show well at the big ten.

I think Gophers need 22 or 23 W on March 13th to be sure of getting into NCAA.

With 21 W maybe. With 20 W possibly but doubtful.

I think Gophers need to win 6 of those 7 to be confident of NCAA bid.

Problem is that all remaining opponents look at these games as potential W's as well...

That's kind of the nature of competition and sports in general Art.

Yes, I agree, but like SS says, assuming anything is ridiculous. Of the 7 remaining games the line will be no more than a few points either way meaning anything from 1-6 to 7-0 is possible.

Illinois (pick 'em)
at Iowa (pick 'em)
at PSU (PSU favored by 3-5)
MSU (Gophs by 5)
Michigan (Gophs by 5)
at NW (NW by 3-5)
PSU (Gophs by 3-5)

I think Gophers need 22 or 23 W on March 13th to be sure of getting into NCAA.

With 21 W maybe. With 20 W possibly but doubtful.

I think Gophers need to win 6 of those 7 to be confident of NCAA bid.

21 wins is a lock. A lead-pipe cinch. 20 wins still gets us in this year, I think. .500 in the Big Ten will be enough.

ulmer

I`m guessing 4&3 if they knuckle down. I hate to ask for more from Trevor but if Ralph does`nt grow a pair and Colt remainds to be vilified we are in trouble inside. I never thought that would have been a problem. It`s the only part of the game we can control

Realistcally? In what reality? It will be hard enough to win 3 of these games let alone 5.

With our current lineup, every game will be a dogfight. We will have to scratch and claw to win any of our remaining games.

I'll feel a lot better if we can beat Illinois at home on Thurs. I hate to say one game could decide the season, but our boys would roll into Iowa City with some confidence they can win without Al. Also it shows the selection committee we can still be a good team without Al, in case he doesn't come back at all.

Generally speaking I prefer to shy away from dire predictions, but if the Gophers lose Thursday night I don't think we'll be seeing them in the NCAA Tournament. A loss and I don't see the rest of the season turning out very well. The game Thursday vs. Illinois is big for so many reasons, most notably it's at home and it's vs. another team legitimately vying for a NCAA bid.

Generally speaking I prefer to shy away from dire predictions, but if the Gophers lose Thursday night I don't think we'll be seeing them in the NCAA Tournament. A loss and I don't see the rest of the season turning out very well. The game Thursday vs. Illinois is big for so many reasons, most notably it's at home and it's vs. another team legitimately vying for a NCAA bid.

And it's probably our last shot for a top 50 RPI win with Michigan State falling off the face of the earth, of course assuming Illinois can hold onto that themselves with the way they're playing lately. We need to win this game very badly.

21 wins is a lock. A lead-pipe cinch. 20 wins still gets us in this year, I think. .500 in the Big Ten will be enough.

20 won't work this year. 20 wins means 9-9 Big Ten and a first round Big Ten Tourney loss.

9-9 with a first round win and a second round loss would be bubbling.

10-8 is the ticket to a nice calm seat on Selection Sunday.

Not sure, but I think you might have been a tad off...

Top Bottom