Remaining East Bank surface lot parking spaces

Inigo Montoya

Reaction score
By a quick count as of this afternoon there are about 450 spots available spread out amongst the Ski-U-Mah, Northstar, T33 and T37 lots. I am assuming C51 with only 5 spaces remaining will sell out.

What will the U do with any unused parking spaces for game days? These are prime spaces - could the charge an inflated rate for these - say $40-50 per game? Four-hundred fifty spaces at $40 per spot for 7 home games a year is an extra $126,000 for the U's general fund (aka the Dan Monson and Glen O. Mason retirement annuity).

Or would they allow those that have already purchased spots either in ramps or West Bank / St. Paul lots to upgrade at a cost of $40 to $50 per game so instead of paying $105 to park in the Washington Ave. ramp it would cost a total of $280 to purchase a season parking pass.

Lots of revenue to be had with those spaces.

The two most prime lots were never even available to season ticket holders. What gives?

The two most prime lots were never even available to season ticket holders. What gives?

Reserved spaces for Premium Seat Holders (Loge, Mini-Suites, Indoor/Outdoor Club), and additionally the TV trucks will be parked in probably the Gopher Lot along with any other network/media/VIP vehicles.

Reserved spaces for Premium Seat Holders (Loge, Mini-Suites, Indoor/Outdoor Club), and additionally the TV trucks will be parked in probably the Gopher Lot along with any other network/media/VIP vehicles.

Suites got 4 free spots. Loge Boxes got 1 free spot. Indoor club seats got 1 free spot per 2 seats. I'm betting the lots closest to the stadium were filled by premium seat holders right off the bat.

By a quick count as of this afternoon there are about 450 spots available spread out amongst the Ski-U-Mah, Northstar, T33 and T37 lots. I am assuming C51 with only 5 spaces remaining will sell out.

What will the U do with any unused parking spaces for game days? These are prime spaces - could the charge an inflated rate for these - say $40-50 per game? Four-hundred fifty spaces at $40 per spot for 7 home games a year is an extra $126,000 for the U's general fund (aka the Dan Monson and Glen O. Mason retirement annuity).

Or would they allow those that have already purchased spots either in ramps or West Bank / St. Paul lots to upgrade at a cost of $40 to $50 per game so instead of paying $105 to park in the Washington Ave. ramp it would cost a total of $280 to purchase a season parking pass.

Lots of revenue to be had with those spaces.

I'm wondering if they will make changes to the Zones for future seasons based on the lower demand for the close lots due to the extra costs involved.

Where will the College Gameday crew set up? This is assuming that in the near future we will be good enough and have a game worthy of these guys to show up. USC??? Texas??? North Datoka State???

I wont get into which game they should show up to, but I thing the perfect place would be the lawn south of McNamara. With the Stadium behind them, it provides a lot of space for the huge crowd they always like to have.

It's a really nice view in my opinion. You can see right into the stadium from there.

This is not true. The lots were available to those with very high Gopher Points rankings. They sold out early.

I have been monitoring the selection process from day one and the two closest lots were blacked out during the whole selection process.

I am 100% positive that the Maroon and Gold lots were available to season ticket holders at the very beginning of the selection process. They might have sold out like March 31 or April 1, but they were definitely available. The only lot that wasn't available right at the beginning in that area was the Gopher lot.

Top Bottom