Recruits visiting for Purdue

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
2 very nice defensive recruits will be here this week from TX. Both have very nice offer lists and would be huge gets for the Gophers. Lets go get them BREW

2 very nice defensive recruits will be here this week from TX. Both have very nice offer lists and would be huge gets for the Gophers. Lets go get them BREW

Scout.com says Dominique Sanders, 3* DB from TX is visiting as well as the already committed Matt Eggen, OT from WI, are visiting. Who is the other TX recruit?

Sanders has a nice offer list and has only visited Utah.

I'm not sure on the 2nd texas

recruit, but I do believe there is a DE/LB from Colorado coming in as well.

Nduka Onyeali from Mullen HS visiting-and Mullen recruiting question

Nduka Onyeali

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Nduka-Onyeali-83779

Rivals 3 star, 5.6 rating
Scout 3 star
ESPN 77 rating

From Mullen High in Denver-high school of Brewster's sons.

This brings up a question that I have thought about before-is anyone else surprised that Brew has not had more success recruting Mullen HS? Kyle Theret went there, but other than Theret and Clint Brewster, we have not even appeared to be considered by the top Mullen players. Looking at Rivals since 2007, Mullen has produced ten 3-star or better players, and the only ones that had us listed as "considering" were Clint and Nolan Brewster and Steve Watson, a 2007 TE that ended up at Michigan.

Anybody have some thoughts or insight into this? I would think that Brew maybe would have somewhat of an inside track here, but it does not appear to be the case.

GI is reporting that three 3star recruits are coming in this weekend, one for sure is Dominique Sanders then if another is Nduka Onyeali that still leaves a third.

I thought Robdonovan Lewis had rescheduled his official from last week to this week but can't find that confirmed anywhere.

Good stuff, here's hoping a blowout win gets a few commits.

Dominique Sanders looks like a player. I don't care how many kids like Troy we get, I want them all.

ESPN LINK

Onyeali
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=4183348

I've been hoping that we could get him up here for a visit for a long time. Looking at his size and his sack production reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

Per scout - Lacks ideal size for a college DE but more than makes up for it with speed, explosion and strength. Nearly a 400 pound bencher and runs sub 11 seconds in the 100 meters. Gets off the ball and uses hands very well. Had very productive junior season, recording 19 sacks.

Seems to be some ambiguity regarding Sanders visit this weekend, since in an interview with Scout, he says he WAS going to visit this weekend, but now is taking the SAT on Saturday. One would think that they know when they are scheduled to take the SAT? I think we can scratch Sanders from the visit for this weekend.

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

Seems to be some ambiguity regarding Sanders visit this weekend, since in an interview with Scout, he says he WAS going to visit this weekend, but now is taking the SAT on Saturday. One would think that they know when they are scheduled to take the SAT? I think we can scratch Sanders from the visit for this weekend.

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

I think the WAS meant last weekend

Actually, I don't think he meant last weekend, since now Scout has an updated interview stating that the trip is back on since he thinks his ACT score is good enough. The 1st interview was put up yesterday stating that the trip was off and the updated interview is from today, which was posted after I checked the page this morning. Anyways, it's good news. I hope he enjoys his trip.

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

Very nice prospect.
Great body awareness, great acceleration, big for the moves he has.
Would be a nice sized WR to put next to guys like Allen, Stoudemire, Green.
Come on man, join Gopher Nation!
The kid from CO has sick speed off the edge. Dare I compare, but his style of pay is similar to a Dwight Freeney, speed, shorter, but strong. I would bet he contributes right away, elite getoff on the ball.
edit: he said in his scout interview, he wants to play good teams, and his best buddy will be playing for Syracuse next year, Brew better bring up USC, Texas, and Syracuse's TCF date, he could play against his buddy, DE v QB

Do we have any information on how the visits went for the backer from Colorado or the Wide Receiver from Texas??

I am really hoping we can land the LB from CO. He really seems to have some intangibles that could be real beneficial.

I am really hoping we can land the LB from CO. He really seems to have some intangibles that could be real beneficial.

He's a beast on the field. I could see him ending up as a Hybrid Linebacker/DE because he is so fast but also very, very strong. Another wild card you can throw in the mix is Kevin Kisseberth. I know we are recruiting him as a tight end at this point, but his film as a linebacker is phenomenal and he seems like a great all-around athlete. He is listed as having high interest with us, but since his visit there has been very little word on him since. Both would be nice additions.

Saw them all last weekend

Do we have any information on how the visits went for the backer from Colorado or the Wide Receiver from Texas??

Was around them for about an hour. Vincent Johnson and Dominique Sanders were unprepared for the cold. Berezowitz did keep pushing the "if you get drafted by Green Bay..." scenario with them. There also were given nice Gopher parkas to wear. Matt Eggen seemed fired up to be here. Brewster seemed to know Nduka Onyeali and his father(???) well when I witnessed them speaking. It looked like more of a personal conversation than the obligatory recruiting speak. It also appeared that Seantrel Henderson (yes, he was there) was hooked up with the Onyealis for the day.

All five were in the locker room post game, including the gameball presentation to Tow-Arnett. Pretty cool.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Was around them for about an hour. Vincent Johnson and Dominique Sanders were unprepared for the cold. Berezowitz did keep pushing the "if you get drafted by Green Bay..." scenario with them. There also were given nice Gopher parkas to wear. Matt Eggen seemed fired up to be here. Brewster seemed to know Nduka Onyeali and his father(???) well when I witnessed them speaking. It looked like more of a personal conversation than the obligatory recruiting speak. It also appeared that Seantrel Henderson (yes, he was there) was hooked up with the Onyealis for the day.

All five were in the locker room post game, including the gameball presentation to Tow-Arnett. Pretty cool.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Very nice, insightful post! I really appreciate it. So it sounds like we really have a good shot with Onyeali than? Are you saying that they just weren't prepared with the cold weather in general, or that it was something that would keep them from wanting to play here?

Also more and more lately, I have felt that Henderson is starting to give us more and more of a chance. He is always around the games...but what do you mean by hooked up with them? Like he was helping to show them around??

Top Bottom