Recruits This Weekend

gophergrad

Reaction score
Add your own but I just noticed a few new and interesting new names on the scout list of visitors tomorrow.

First and foremost Cory Joseph BB player as the other threads have indicated clever signs worked for his brother.

Football players: (the stars are from rivals unless noted)

James Louis 4 stars WR - listed as a solid verbal on rivals to tOSU. But I wouldn't want to play with Chris Carter's son either.

Devon Wright 3 stars RB - Neither scout nor rivals has us listed as offering him but he has a pretty impressive offer list.

Rob-Donavan Lewis 2 stars (scout, couldn't find rivals profile) CB - Excellent name, enough said

Brock Vereen 3 stars CB - brother of Cal running back blank Vereen

And already committed players coming this weekend
Josh Allen - excited about him as a future center
Donnell Kirkwood - tough, big ten RB
Allen Veazie
Josh Campion
Joey Searcy

Add as you please.

We should start filling out the last few spots over the next couple of weeks. With highschool football coming to and end and the SDAK game slated as a local/walk on day, the three stars will try to get settled soon.

And we have our first junior college recruit scheduled to visit....Christyn Lewis, a 6-foot-1, 165-pound sophomore defensive back from Citrus (CA) CC.

Add your own but I just noticed a few new and interesting new names on the scout list of visitors tomorrow.

First and foremost Cory Joseph BB player as the other threads have indicated clever signs worked for his brother.

Football players: (the stars are from rivals unless noted)

James Louis 4 stars WR - listed as a solid verbal on rivals to tOSU. But I wouldn't want to play with Chris Carter's son either. he is HS teamates of Kirkwood. Making the trip with him

Devon Wright 3 stars RB - Neither scout nor rivals has us listed as offering him but he has a pretty impressive offer list. offer list isn't that impressive (not saying it's horrible though)

Rob-Donavan Lewis 2 stars (scout, couldn't find rivals profile) CB - Excellent name, enough said he's a 3-star 5.7 rated CB on Rivals. Plays safety in HS, but he projects as a CB at the next level. He woudl be a good get

Brock Vereen 3 stars CB - brother of Cal running back blank Vereen

And already committed players coming this weekend
Josh Allen - excited about him as a future center
Donnell Kirkwood - tough, big ten RB
Allen Veazie
Josh Campion
Joey Searcy

Add as you please.

JUCO DB Christyn Lewis is also visiting this weekend. He is unrated by rivals and scout and it looks like he holds an Idaho offer

This is probably too much work to be practical, but does a site exist (or could it be done in threads like this) where people have a list of recruits scheduled to be at a given game, with their pictures?

I find myself running across recruits in the concourses during games fairly often, it'd be nice to be able to say 'Hey, Rob-Donovan, welcome to the University of Minnesota, enjoy your visit' etc. I can't imagine it would hurt recruiting at all if these kids had more people in the stands who recognized them and could greet them by name.

This is probably too much work to be practical, but does a site exist (or could it be done in threads like this) where people have a list of recruits scheduled to be at a given game, with their pictures?

I find myself running across recruits in the concourses during games fairly often, it'd be nice to be able to say 'Hey, Rob-Donovan, welcome to the University of Minnesota, enjoy your visit' etc. I can't imagine it would hurt recruiting at all if these kids had more people in the stands who recognized them and could greet them by name.

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but Scout has the visit list and you can click on the names for pictures (not all have pictures)

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=6&yr=2010

Thanks for the help AShreve. I was wondering why Louis is making the trip, oh well maybe he sees something he really likes while he's here.

Christyn Lewis sounds like an interesting possibility. Reading a little on him it sounds like he makes a lot of tackles and blocks a ton of kicks. Also should be able to enroll in January, hopefully cutting down some transition time.

Thanks for the help AShreve. I was wondering why Louis is making the trip, oh well maybe he sees something he really likes while he's here.

Christyn Lewis sounds like an interesting possibility. Reading a little on him it sounds like he makes a lot of tackles and blocks a ton of kicks. Also should be able to enroll in January, hopefully cutting down some transition time.

Chance to travel with a buddy to a brand new stadium for a Halloween night game on someone else's dime? Why not? :)

JUCO DB Christyn Lewis is also visiting this weekend. He is unrated by rivals and scout and it looks like he holds an Idaho offer

Rivals you can change the settings on our commits list and see their pictures.

Is there a limit to the number of official visits a team can have? I know players can have 5 official visits, but from the teams perspective are we limited to 50 visitors a year or something? I'm talking about "official visits", of course. If so, anybody know what that number is?

Chance to travel with a buddy to a brand new stadium for a Halloween night game on someone else's dime? Why not? :)

haha yeah no that's a no brainer. I didn't see the Kirkwood connection right away.

Is there a limit to the number of official visits a team can have? I know players can have 5 official visits, but from the teams perspective are we limited to 50 visitors a year or something? I'm talking about "official visits", of course. If so, anybody know what that number is?

I'm not sure if the NCAA has limits or not. But it is spendy, so limiting in that way. You can bet that if Brew didn't think there was at least a little interest he wouldn't be coming. so a long shot? Yes. Out of the question? I think not.

James Louis 4 stars WR - listed as a solid verbal on rivals to tOSU. But I wouldn't want to play with Chris Carter's son either.
How sweet would it be to steal someone away from Ohio St!

There is a limit on visits, don't know what it is though. 50 might be a good guess.

After this weekend we will have had 30, the exact same as Notre Dame.

Devon Wright 3 stars RB - Neither scout nor rivals has us listed as offering him but he has a pretty impressive offer list. offer list isn't that impressive (not saying it's horrible though)

Wright would be a very good pick up. His video is great and he is one of the top RBs in south Florida this year (some have said THE top). Running for ALOT of yards behind an o-line that is not filled with D-1 recruits like alot of the teams down there. If he is not a Plan A guy he is definitely a very top end Plan B guy (i.e. if Huff or Williams don't commit). In fact, I wouldn't mind if they signed Wright and Huff/Williams.

Wright would be a very good pick up. His video is great and he is one of the top RBs in south Florida this year (some have said THE top). Running for ALOT of yards behind an o-line that is not filled with D-1 recruits like alot of the teams down there. If he is not a Plan A guy he is definitely a very top end Plan B guy (i.e. if Huff or Williams don't commit). In fact, I wouldn't mind if they signed Wright and Huff/Williams.

6'1", 185, 4.5. Yep.

Give him a nine months to put on an extra 5-10 lbs and dude will be a beast next year. Love it.

Top Bottom