Recruiting Social

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
Registration for the recruiting signing social was posted on the Goal Line Club website this morning. This is always a lot of fun. If your interested in going, take a look at there web site for information. Hope to see many of you there. This event has come a long ways since the first few years when it was held in a basement of a brewery.

Nice! Unfortunately I work nights during the week. =/

I enjoy this event too. Only drawback of the DQ Room versus the practice field location is the centerpiece fireplace and pillars...leading to ubstructed viewing for a number of tables. The organizers compensate by providing TVs at strategic spots...and you can stand around the edges.

Because a video feed is actually done, an idea would be to record and post the event at gophersports.com, the GLC site, or even GH.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

Only the U of M would charge you to park if you choose to go. Should have free parking for folks who pre-pay. That would be too smart.

Only the U of M would charge you to park if you choose to go. Should have free parking for folks who pre-pay. That would be too smart.

And only a half-ass fan would bitch about having to pay for parking to attend the recruiting social. We are going to miss you (not).

Go4Broke said:
And only a half-ass fan would bitch about having to pay for parking to attend the recruiting social. We are going to miss you (not).
That right there is funny!

and once again, the athletic department gets nothing from this parking. The parking money goes into a different fund.

So the 2 grand donation for my 4 tickets counts for nothing with the U. Any smart business rewards it's customers even with a little token like free parking. It's smart business, something foreign to the U of M. Can't believe you tools are defending it. I willing to bet Kill would agree with me. I forgot, there is such a long waiting list for tickets at TCF. The AD should be able to arrange something to encourage people to attend, rather than nickel and dime them.

So the 2 grand donation for my 4 tickets counts for nothing with the U. Any smart business rewards it's customers even with a little token like free parking. It's smart business, something foreign to the U of M. Can't believe you tools are defending it. I willing to bet Kill would agree with me. I forgot, there is such a long waiting list for tickets at TCF. The AD should be able to arrange something to encourage people to attend, rather than nickel and dime them.

I'm with beaver.

[LOL you guys know you wanted to say that but you couldn't because you were already ragging on him!]

It has been pointed out here several times that the athletic department doesn't control parking revenues. I am sure that this is frustrating to you beavergopher but this is way down on list of things that needs to change with our football culture. Hopefully we will get a new A.D. that understands these things. Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy all the changes that Kill has already made. As I once said to my good friend wren "Don't let the bastards get you down."

this great goal line club event is definitely worth it. we have gone before and it is a lot of fun for the whole family. we are going again this year. hope to see/hear of many other gopher holers attending this goal line booster club event as well. kudos to the GLC for hosting it.

go gophers!

btw - you know how much parking in the tcf stadium lot costs during non-game days? usually about 5-10 whole bucks! my God, settle down buddy and have a drink or two.

can any regular clown like me go to this if i pay? it sounds like fun.

can any regular clown like me go to this if i pay? it sounds like fun.

yes, in fact. non-goal line club members can purchase tickets ($25 each) through the goal line club website in advance. see link below.

also, there will be a very limited number of walk-up tickets available for purchase the evening of the event for $30 at the door. that said, your best bet, the best deal and guaranteed access to the event is to buy them at a discount and ahead of time through the goal line club website.

goal line club season membership is also worth considering. great group of people and access to: special gopher football related events, opportunity for access to the exclusive goal line club tailgating area at every home game, access to discounted tickets and rates to unique goal line club sponsored events (such as the signing day social, etc, etc.), opportunity for access to special areas like the tunnel leading from the gophers locker room to the field just prior to the start of the games, and a lot more stuff.

signing day social hyperlink: http://goallineclub.com/events/25-National+Signing+Day+%27Sota+Social

join goal line club as a season member: http://goallineclub.com/member-benefits.php

yes, in fact. non-goal line club members can purchase tickets ($25 each) through the goal line club website in advance. see link below.

also, there will be a very limited number of walk-up tickets available for purchase the evening of the event for $30 at the door. that said, your best bet, the best deal and guaranteed access to the event is to buy them at a discount and ahead of time through the goal line club website.

goal line club season membership is also worth considering. great group of people and access to: special gopher football related events, opportunity for access to the exclusive goal line club tailgating area at every home game, access to discounted tickets and rates to unique goal line club sponsored events (such as the signing day social, etc, etc.), opportunity for access to special areas like the tunnel leading from the gophers locker room to the field just prior to the start of the games, and a lot more stuff.

signing day social hyperlink: http://goallineclub.com/events/25-National+Signing+Day+%27Sota+Social

join goal line club as a season member: http://goallineclub.com/member-benefits.php

I gotta agree, especially with the bolded.. We've eaten at the GLC tailgating area in the front / lobby of The Barn at least 2 times this past year. Great food, you always end up rubbing elbows with the 'celebrities' of TheU (for example, I've bumped shoulders/chatted with just about the entire basketball squad, Tubby, and Wren's favorite AD), and it's just a great environment if you get a group to go with.

When money isn't super tight, I will ALWAYS join the GLC tailgate lunch.

Top Bottom