Recruiting + Scholarship Questions

thiagoc

Reaction score
By now most of us have heard that Dakari Johnson commited to play for UK yesterday. Since Okafor plays the same position and UK also has another Center signed for 2013 class. I am just wondering what makes a team sign so many players for the same position?

UK is not playing its best basketball this year and there is a chance that not all the starting lineup declares to the NBA after this season. Yet they keep signing top talent from all over the country. So, the BIGGEST questions is.

What happens to the school scholarship situation if all those top talent players are accepting the scholarship given and the players that are currently on scholarship decide they want to stay in school?
Can the school (UK) withdrawal the scholarship offer from these players? Can the players go to other schools even they have already signed a LOI?

yep, in 09 Tubby pushed Busch and Payton off the team, Chip was 'let go" when Mbakwe received his 6th year, it happens

Busch was a walk on. He gave him a scholly for one year simply because there was one open. Not quite the same thing. I'm sure at least 3 of Kentucky's players will enter the draft regardless of how the season turns out.

...and UK also has another Center signed for 2013 class.

This guy?

tJt4s.png

Have you spoken with him? He planned to be here for two years under scholarship, the rug was pulled from under his feet.

Have you? If so, what were his exact words on the topic? All I know is that he was a walk on. We had an open scholarship, so Tubby gave it to him so it wouldn't go to waste. It's fairly common for coaches to do that to reward their players until another actual recruited scholarship player comes in the following season.

newspaper boxscore has 7 blocks and 2 assists not quite a quadruple double....most people post garbage without doing a little legwork

Have you? If so, what were his exact words on the topic? All I know is that he was a walk on. We had an open scholarship, so Tubby gave it to him so it wouldn't go to waste. It's fairly common for coaches to do that to reward their players until another actual recruited scholarship player comes in the following season.

I can see you're a slow learner.

Facts. I guess that would require an audio tape?

Believe what you want he got pushed out the door unexpectedly.

Facts. I guess that would require an audio tape?

Believe what you want he got pushed out the door unexpectedly.

I don't know what the facts are, I just know what the general understanding was at the time and what makes most sense. Do you know Busch or someone close to the situation? Or are you making assumptions like I am? The only thing I know to be fact is that he came to the team as a walk on.

Top Bottom