Recruiting Schedule 2011-12

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
November 27, 2011, through January 28, 2012, [except for (1) through (7) below]: Contact period

◦Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week:

◦(1) December 18, 2011, all junior college prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear: Quiet Period

◦(2) December 19-22, 2011, all junior college prospective student- athletes who intend to enroll midyear [except for (a) below]: Dead Period

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students: Contact Period

◦(3) January 4-8, 2012, all junior college prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll midyear: Quiet Period

◦(4) December 18, 2011: Quiet Period

◦(5) December 19, 2011, through January 3, 2012, [except for (a) below]: Dead Period

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students: Contact Period

◦(6) January 8, 2012: Quiet Period

◦(7) January 9-12, 2012, [except for (a) below]: Dead Period

•January 29, 2012: Quiet Period

•January 30 through February 2, 2012: Dead Period

February 1, 2012 (through April 1) is Signing Day.
Football (Midyear JC Transfers) can sign from Dec. 21, 2011 - Jan. 15, 2012

Clear as mud? 2011-12 Division I Football Recruiting Calendar

The important Juco part for this week:

The Juco guys that Kill has actually locked down will sign tomorrow.
We will know by the end of the week which Juco guys are at least looking elsewhere.

Going forward (after tomorrow):

Any Juco players that Kill recruits will be encouraged to sign immediately to avoid getting plucked by another program.

This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway:

What's the difference between a "quiet period" and a "dead period"? I always assumed a dead period meant absolutely no visits, no phone calls, no recruiting. Is a quiet period just no visits?

This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway:

What's the difference between a "quiet period" and a "dead period"? I always assumed a dead period meant absolutely no visits, no phone calls, no recruiting. Is a quiet period just no visits?

Quiet period is a time when the college may not have any in-person talk with the prospective student-athlete or the parents off the college’s campus. The coach may not watch the prospect play or practice.The prospective student-athlete can visit college campuses during this time and a coach may write or telephone.

Dead period is a time when the college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time.

Just wanted to push this back to the top instead of a new thread.

Top Bottom