Recruiting rankings are flawed metrics

"The other conclusion is that the difference between a top 10 class and a top 40 class is potentially negligible if the team recruiting classes ranked outside the top 10 is grabbing the "right" types of players."

The above excerpt is exactly what I have been saying. I couldn't agree more (with the article or with myself [emoji1]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling of impending Déjà vu all over again

"The other conclusion is that the difference between a top 10 class and a top 40 class is potentially negligible if the team recruiting classes ranked outside the top 10 is grabbing the "right" types of players."

The above excerpt is exactly what I have been saying. I couldn't agree more (with the article or with myself [emoji1]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we better start getting some top 40 classes.

The question will always be "Were the classes hand-timed or electronically-timed?"

In other news: the sun will rise tomorrow.

nothing says offseason like hashing out stars or no stars

Recruiting rating services are the Rorschach test of college FB - everybody sees what they want to see. My cynical nature tells me that, if your school gets a high rating, you think the system is just fine. If your school gets a low rating, then the system is invalid.

My feeling - the ratings have some merit - more so on the real blue-chip players who get a full evaluation and play against top competition. But for players who may be geographically isolated, or don't play against top competition, the ratings become more iffy. Unfortunately, at this stage of the program, the players the Gophers tend to be recruiting fall into the category where the ratings may not be as accurate.

And - evaluating and predicting the development of 17 and 18-year old kids is never going to be an exact science. too many variables - some kids have hit their full growth, while others may still be developing physically. And, until they perfect mind-reading, you're never going to be able to look into a kid's head and heart with 100% accuracy.

Top Bottom