Recruiting Gurus: Wish List!

DL65

Reaction score
According to some GopherHolers, Minnesota has five slots remaining to reach this year's recruiting allotment. Who knows? There may be a few more tenders available through attrition (players opting to transfer to another school or those dropping football who graduate this year and still have another year of eligibility).

So, what's your wish list of potential recruits to fill out the remaining slots?

Go Gophers!!

OG/DE/TE Sheldon Richardson, OT Taylor Lewan, WR Bryce McNeal, CB Michael Carter, and RB Ronnie Wingo (yeah right, but you said "wish list.") Our shot at Wingo is probably close to nil, except that I did see Alabama as one of his choices and with Davis moving here, who knows? Richardson is probably another relative long-shot.

My more realistic list would be Lewan, McNeal, Carter, WR Cameron Gordon, and DT Nosa Eguae.

Others who intrigue me: JC OT Marquise Franklin, LB Jeremy Gainer, S Kenny Watkins

Walk-ons: DE/LB Cole Jirik, OT Alex Dietzen, WR/DB/ K A.J. Barker, OT Jarred Volk

Methinks we will sign around 25 this year. I forget how many commits we have now, but look for us to finish right around 25 total.

My list is pretty similar. Bryce McNeal, Taylor Lewan, and Sheldon Richardson at the top. Bryant Allen is also a guy I would like to see in maroon and gold. Michael Carter would be a great addition to the defense. Maybe being the cousin of Tyrone will help us get him.
________
Marijuana strain green crack

Gainer has to be in my top 5 along with lewan

we need linebacker help

and o-line is without question for lewan

We probably have a better shot at Marcus Hall now with the addition of Tim Davis

Boy, right now....

Lewan, Lewan, Lewan, Lewan!

(Would like to see Carter and Gainer too...)

Marcus Hall is a huge offensive tackle out of Cleveland. Very highly-ranked.

Offense:

McNeal (serious potential; great local kid)
Lewan
Richardson (as an O-lineman, although he told Nadine he'd like to play D-line)
Wingo (as a RB. 6-3, 212 w/ 4.4 speed...are you kidding me!)

Defense:

Richardson (what the heck, maybe he can play both sides of the line)
Carter
Gainer
Anthony Jones (LB)

Tim Davis was director of player personnel at Alabama, so he and Hall probably have already talked because Alabama was on Hall’s list too. Every little bit helps

All of Brewster's kids and hopefully a nephew or two

Personal hopes

Richardson, Lewan, McNeal, Gainer and either Carter, Jermaine Robinson or Watkins!

Yes...Rivals stars in the eyes!

Scout still does not show us with an offer to Wingo. We have to have a offer out to him wouldn’t you think?

Good shot to get: Lewan, Mcneal, Jermaine Robinson, Leon, Carter.

Pretty Good chance to get: Gainer, Watkins, Anthony Jones, Bryant Allen.

Small shot, but possible: Richardson, Wingo, Marcus Hall, Gordon, and Nosa Eguae

This is just my opinion, but with Brewster, anythings possible Baby!!!!!!!!!

At this point I'm quite happy with any of the big time recruits we're targeting. I'd rather hold out for them and if we don't fill out throw a bonus schollie on an upper classman walk on. So land any of the names that have been discussed and wrap it up. IMHO

Lewan, McNeal, Gainer, Richardson & Wingo would be my top 5 with Carter being a close 6.

My realistic wish list

1. (WR) Bryce McNeal

2. (OT) Taylor Lewan

3. (LB) Jeremy Gainer

4. (CB) Taikwon Paige

5. (ATH) Bryant Allen

I don't know why, but I had to re-register on this new board...wierd.

Anyway, I would have to think that if Brewster is going to be bringing in 5 DB's this year they would have to have 24-25 schollys to offer.

Having said that, here is my "dream" commits for the last few spots. In order of importance.

1. McNeal (WR) MUST have talent on the outsinde in order for this offense to work
2. Carter (CB) See above.
3. Lewan (OL) Outside of Maresh and the possibility of Henderson next year, He could be the most important commit the Gophers have ever landed
4. Richardson (DT) I REALLY like this guy and would LOVE to get a commit from him, but do remember that his high rankings at DT are based on potential. Don't know how much he has played there
5. Gainer (LB) I think he will switch and commit here
6. Hurst (CB) I like when teammates commit. Gives the Gophers 3 really nice corners to build around for the future
7. Allen (ATH) I don't know where he will play, but he wants to bring "Big Plays" to Minnesota...I like it
8. Watkins (S) He should almost be rated higher than Hurst, but I think Lewis will be a S also. I like Leon, but I don't see a need for him with the players we already have in the system and how many DB's Brew is bringing in.
9. Dent (DE) The DE position is going to get depleted very rapidly in the next couple years. Have to bring in another DE this year along with Garin. This is the guy.
10. Gordon (WR) If McNeal commits, getting this guy won't be as important. Still it is clear that there must be a continual influx of talent at this position every year.

I don't know why, but I had to re-register on this new board...wierd.

Anyway, I would have to think that if Brewster is going to be bringing in 5 DB's this year they would have to have 24-25 schollys to offer.

Having said that, here is my "dream" commits for the last few spots. In order of importance.

9. Dent (DE) The DE position is going to get depleted very rapidly in the next couple years. Have to bring in another DE this year along with Garin. This is the guy.

Hooligan--
Nick Rengel (ATH) is projected to be a DE. Kendall Gregory-McGhee can be looked at as an athlete too and he will fall in to either TE, LB, or DE depending on how much weight he adds and where our needs are.

If we get Sheldon Richardson I expect him to compete for the DE spot next year and then as he adds weight he would likely move over to DT as a sophomore or junior. He has played DE in high school.

Hooligan--
Nick Rengel (ATH) is projected to be a DE. Kendall Gregory-McGhee can be looked at as an athlete too and he will fall in to either TE, LB, or DE depending on how much weight he adds and where our needs are.

If we get Sheldon Richardson I expect him to compete for the DE spot next year and then as he adds weight he would likely move over to DT as a sophomore or junior. He has played DE in high school.

I thought Rengel was projected more as a LB/TE?

off topic

Well I know this is a little off topic but, if a certain fat coach from ND get's canned . . . anyone thinking that a certain WR might want to transfer back to his home state and school?

Just a dream but a good one!

Top Bottom