Recruiting Guesses

DL65

Reaction score
Last Sunday, Brewster told Sid that recruiting was going well and that the Gophers would have a couple commits within a week or two. With two high school all-star games this weekend, some wonder if two players would don the maroon and gold Minnesota cap during Saturday's and Sunday's games. If so, any guesses who will put on the Minnesota cap? Many are saying McNeal will opt for Oregon, and if Michael Carter puts on the Minnesota cap, who might be another player selecting the Gophers? Any chances Minnesota gets a commit that had previously selected another big time program? Lastly, how many recruiting slots remain?

Guesses?

Go Gophers!

I know this is a oxymoron but wasn't there a "silent Verbal" RB? I thought I heard something about that a while back. My other question then is about Ronnie Wingo Jr. has he officially ruled us out, or are we still in the mix? My bad if this is really old news.

Bummer . . .Is Brew capable of getting a switch of a commitment from some big name player before signing day like he did with Cooper last year? If so who could be that person be this year?

If I am to guess, I suspect Carter is one, but no idea who the other might be, maybe Eguae or some recruit we may not be as thrilled about!

Lot's of threads on the same topic... anyway, as I stated elsewhere - Paige has official visits for January, so not likely he'll commit soon. Probably Carter and Eguae or an unknown.

we are not in his top 5. according to Rivals anyways.

But he is still considering taking a visit in January. If he takes a visit it effectively rotates us with Alabama for #5 and we hava a chance.

Paige Update

Lot's of threads on the same topic... anyway, as I stated elsewhere - Paige has official visits for January, so not likely he'll commit soon. Probably Carter and Eguae or an unknown.

Paige is still a heavy lean for the Gophers and isn't sure whether he will take more visits.

Paige is still a heavy lean for the Gophers and isn't sure whether he will take more visits.

Maybe, but Brewster said it would happen in two weeks, and those two weeks are not only almost up, but Paige has since set a new visit on his schedule -- so though he may favor us, it doesn't mean Brewster was referring to him as one of the two ready to commit.

Maybe, but Brewster said it would happen in two weeks, and those two weeks are not only almost up, but Paige has since set a new visit on his schedule -- so though he may favor us, it doesn't mean Brewster was referring to him as one of the two ready to commit.

I'm not saying that Paige will definitely commit within the next two weeks. I am just saying that he may be done with official visits. I think he is planning on announcing closer to LOI day.

If I had to guess 2 I would say 1) Carter 2) Eguae or Bryce will follow through with his plan to "shock the world" but I think Minnesota is a long shot for his services.

I still think we will get Paige but it may not happen in the next week but I'm not confident enough to call him a "lock" like I have been with Carter. I also think there is better than a 50% chance Eguae is golden too. There has been a lot of smoke indicating he may switch and where there is smoke there is fire.

Carter & Paige will committ within the next week. Brewster is still claiming to have 2 big RB's in this class, is he counting Rengel? We still have at least 5 spots open in this class and I'm hoping for some more splash to close out the class.

From this morning's ESPN "On the trail"

Mountaineers to get back in the game with Michael Carter

Rated No. 15 among cornerbacks, Michael Carter of Ely (Pompano Beach, Fla.) is set to pledge to West Virginia on Saturday.

Carter chose the Mountaineers over Florida, Minnesota, Georgia and Miami-Florida.

ESPN was off a couple of times last year with gopher recruits. I hope that is true in this case as well.

ESPN also reports McNeal appears Clemson bound. More of a shock he isn't going to Oregon than coming here.

Top Bottom