Reason to Support and Lobby for Vikings to play at TCF Bank

cards07

Reaction score
RECRUITING!!!!

Every person in the country that plays football watching MNF ESPN will come to TCF and show off the place FOR FREE!!

They have cameras every where, and the National spotlight will be great.

I don't see any downside to this.

Let Maturi know this is going to be great for the team

The only potential downside I can see is if the temps are anything like today all you will hear for 3+ hours is how cold it is in Minneapolis and how miserable it is to play in those conditions.

Other than that, I agree and would love to see it happen.

The only potential downside I can see is if the temps are anything like today all you will hear for 3+ hours is how cold it is in Minneapolis and how miserable it is to play in those conditions.

Other than that, I agree and would love to see it happen.

all you will hear for 3+ hours is how cold it is in Minneapolis and how miserable it is to play in those conditions.

What that tells me is that these big-a$$ed macho FB players are a bunch of pussies and can't play in real elements of nature.

Remember who you're dealing with, though

I agree that this could really showcase TCF to a national audience. Hopefully it isn't Ice Station freakin' Zebra next Monday (projected high is 19F). But don't forget that Zygi is a businessman who squeezes the nickel till the Buffalo poohs. Anything you negotiate here becomes a precedent for a longer term lease should the Vikings need to use TCF for a couple of seasons while a new stadium is being built.

The U has a long and storied tradition of negotiating like halfwits when it comes to this sort of thing. Just think back to the deal they signed in 1982 when they moved to the dome. I have a mental image of the U's lead negotiator: the guy Mad Max fought to the death in Thunderdome (Note to Zygi: bring a dog whistle). The U should make it clear to Zygi that for next Monday he pays for all the prep and labor, plus winterizing it again afterwards. And he gets bubkas (yiddish for "nada") from parking, concessions, or luxury boxes. If he doesn't like that, have fun in Detroit.

Speaking of which, one other thing. As a lifelong Lions fan, I was really pizzed to see the Vikings logo on the middle of Ford field. Unnhh-Unnnh. Zygi can live with the "M", as well as "MINNESOTA" in the end zones. And I don't want to hear that cheesy horn in TCF. Ever. Then again, if Tavarus plays on MNF like he did last night, they won't have many opportunities to toot that thing.

The way the Vikes are playing(record and out of playoffs) and the outdoor temps will keep many fans away. I don't think being 14,000 seats short will be a problelm.

all you will hear for 3+ hours is how cold it is in Minneapolis and how miserable it is to play in those conditions.

What that tells me is that these big-a$$ed macho FB players are a bunch of pussies and can't play in real elements of nature.

What he said.

some pipe will probably burst and freeze the concourses

just wait - the big stairs up to the concourse level will be iced over - this fiasco ain't over - something else will happen - its just going to - not sure what bit it will

do you think the blue coats will be throwing people out

I can see that happening too - somebody cheering too loud - heaven forbid a flask is sighted - what about the stand up sit down controversy - how will the Vikings faithful deal with such controversy - Gopher fans are still up in arms after what 11 or 12 games - can the purple fans deal with someone who wont sit down when they are told?

I have a mental image of the U's lead negotiator: the guy Mad Max fought to the death in Thunderdome (Note to Zygi: bring a dog whistle).

Everyone, meet the U's lead negotiator:

11086835_gal.jpg

The kids will realize that they will not have to play outside in Minnesota in late December.

Top Bottom