Realize this.

Gopher Bandanna Guy

Irascible Skeptic
Reaction score
The Gophers were quite literally 2 last second shots (MSU and Purdue) from beating all of the top 5 Big Ten teams at least once this season. That's how close this team is to being in the upper echelon of the conference. Unfortunately, in realizing this, it makes the losses to IU and NU on the road and Michigan at home sting even more. But it gives me hope for the Big Ten tourney as well.

Its been a hyper-emotional season, with more ups and downs than I care to remember, and a lot of couldas, wouldas, and shouldas. But Tubby and Friends have still managed to put themselves in a position to salvage things by winning out the regular season. We paid back IU for their little dalliance with winning. Now its time to pound Michigan in front of their lame fans and 10 row deep student section (oooooooooo intimidating).

Go GOPHERS! (I'm staying positive on this manic roller coster, despite having thrown up in my mouth a few times, figuratively speaking of course...;)) Whatever happens, happens. I'm just along for the ride.

The Gophers were right on the edge all year long. Most teams in the BT could say the same. The difference between the best and the close to the best is razor - thin. It just takes a few solid players for most teams, two or three players the Gophers didn't have this year.

The Gophers were right on the edge all year long. Most teams in the BT could say the same. The difference between the best and the close to the best is razor - thin. It just takes a few solid players for most teams, two or three players the Gophers didn't have this year.

I definitely agree with this. Some years its not the case where the tops in the conference are so tightly grouped, but for '09-10, its been a very thin line.

Top Bottom