Realistic NCAA Tournament hopes?

skiumah1

Reaction score
Wondering from those who know, what are the Gophers chances of making the NCAA tournament? How many wins do we need here in the Big Ten Tournament? Also looking into the Pairwise and does the committee go right down the list or is it similar to NCAA basketball tournament with multiple factors?

From the STrib:

College Hockey News’ PairWise Probability Matrix, which runs 20,000 weighted simulations of the remaining games and potential conference tournament matchups, gives the Gophers a 26 percent chance to make the NCAA field, which is down from 39 percent last week. Minnesota’s best way to make the field would be winning the Big Ten tournament and its automatic NCAA bid, though a run to the conference final might get it done. Put simply, the Gophers need a few more wins, and a sweep of Notre Dame in the best-of-three Big Ten quarterfinals at 3M Arena at Mariucci this weekend would be a good start.

Not great. Thought we had a better chance.

So GD frustrating where this program has fallen... Makes me angry every time I think about it. Making the tournament this year was a very realistic goal. No team has won a championship this century after missing 2+ tournaments in a row.

Gophers have missed two in a row before this one, six of the last 11, NCAA wins in only two of the last 12 seasons, only one NCAA win away from MN in 12 seasons.

So GD frustrating where this program has fallen... Makes me angry every time I think about it. Making the tournament this year was a very realistic goal. No team has won a championship this century after missing 2+ tournaments in a row.

Gophers have missed two in a row before this one, six of the last 11, NCAA wins in only two of the last 12 seasons, only one NCAA win away from MN in 12 seasons.
Yeah I think Motzko's got us moving the right way though. Higher expectations next year. Still gotta try and get in this year and play well to finish off here.

Yeah I think Motzko's got us moving the right way though. Higher expectations next year. Still gotta try and get in this year and play well to finish off here.
Getting in to the tournament will be a difference between an A- or better season and a B- or worse season at this point.

Getting in to the tournament will be a difference between an A- or better season and a B- or worse season at this point.
True and the momentum would help the program move up quicker. I still think Motzko gets us there sooner or later.

Agree with skiumah1 that Motzko gets us there sooner or later.

Tough start this year, got the ship going in the right direction and then we screwed up with Michigan for some reason. Hopefully this team will be hungry this weekend and finish ND in off in two and finally get the monkey off our back at Penn State.

Top Bottom