RB commit Donnell Kirkwood

Reaction score
i really like the frame on this guy. he is already 5'10 and 200 lbs in high school. with the right training program he looks like he has the potential to be a bruising 220-plus pound big ten running back. for those who may have seen him in person would you agree? thoughts?

Haven't seen him but I'm a big fan. Like you said Bronko he'll be a proper Big Ten running back after a couple years here.

Hopefully he isn't scared off by the frigid night on his visit on Saturday...ha ha man oh man I wish I could see the expression on his face when that arctic blast hits. Priceless

Hopefully he isn't scared off by the frigid night on his visit on Saturday...ha ha man oh man I wish I could see the expression on his face when that arctic blast hits. Priceless

yeah, i am sure that will be the only thing he is concerned about. he probably won't even get off the plane. it is supposed to be around 46 degrees, not 25. :rolleyes:

anyways, he is already committed so i wouldn't worry about it. if there is one type of player who probably likes to run in fall midwestern weather (as opposed to the intense humidity of the south or scortching heat of the southwest/texas) it would probably be running backs, regardless of where they are originally from.

I sure hope it is supposed to be 46. I just heard a high on Saturday of 42 with high winds. By night, that would put us in the 30's with windchills. Global Warming?

Haven't seen him but I'm a big fan. Like you said Bronko he'll be a proper Big Ten running back after a couple years here.

How can you be a big fan of a guy you've never seen or be able to make any kind of prediction? For me, he reminds me a bit of Gary Russell. Hopefully not in the library though.

Just to put an end to this weather talk, in his interview on GI he said the one thing he wants to see "snow, I want to see snow" :rockon:

How can you be a big fan of a guy you've never seen or be able to make any kind of prediction? For me, he reminds me a bit of Gary Russell. Hopefully not in the library though.

I meant like, I haven't seen him play in person. I've watched his highlight film and he's mighty good at gaining yards after the first guy hits him.

Holler at a highlight reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4L1LcHBVW4

It would be nice to be able to run the ball between the tackles.

I just look forward to a running back who always falls forward when he gets tackled. I know whaley does a bit, but its one thing that i think this kid can really do. Even if the line is crappy and there are no holes, it seems our running backs the last few years always get stood up. You don't necessarily have to be a big running back, just run with a bit of anger. I know AD is possibly the best back in the NFL and its not fair to compare him with the guys we have, but when you watch him he just runs mad. Thats what i want from our guys. They just look hesitant when they get the ball a lot of the times. I like Whaley right now, and I think he can be very good back for us, but the other 2 guys that get the carries just dont have it when it comes to making even a few yards when nothing is there. I like the looks of this kid, especially once he gains even more strength and weight. He is not the fastest kid, but neither is Clay and you saw what he did to our team. A second and 6 is much better than a second and 10.

Top Bottom