Ray is Back!

They synced Ray's playback on the BTN. Very nice to hear, and Ray still has the gift!

Ray doesn't seem like he has missed anything. He's definitly still got it!! It reminded me off sitting with my grandfather many years ago listening to Golden Gopher Football!!!!!

He was wonderful. I was afraid he was going to sound like he'd aged a lot, be a step slow, etc. but that was not the case at all. It was like he never left.

I know everyone hates Dave Lee, but in listening to him for the first time in a couple years, I think he has gotten a lot better. But then Ray comes on and you suddenly realize the huge chasm between a guy who's gone from poor to mediocre and one who's in the Hall of Fame. No comparison.

He was wonderful. I was afraid he was going to sound like he'd aged a lot, be a step slow, etc. but that was not the case at all. It was like he never left.

I know everyone hates Dave Lee, but in listening to him for the first time in a couple years, I think he has gotten a lot better. But then Ray comes on and you suddenly realize the huge chasm between a guy who's gone from poor to mediocre and one who's in the Hall of Fame. No comparison.

Ditto

He was WAY better than Laravee I wanted them to just continue with his feed during that drive not two plays.

Hearing Ray tonight made me miss not only him but Herb Carneal. This town really lost a lot with those two. As I said, I think Dave Lee's gotten quite a bit better. But he'll never be in that league. And I love John Gordon, but it's just not the same without Herb. And Dan Gladden is awful. Don't get me started on Paul Allen.

Truly great radio play-by-play guys are hard to find. Dick Bremer is great, but TV is much easier.

Anyway, it was truly awesome to hear Ray Christensen again. Listening to Gopher football games on the radio is my earliest sports memory.

Is there anywhere to hear audio of Ray's call? Being at the game, I missed out on that...

Top Bottom