Rasir Bolton: Why I chose to leave Penn State. (A Noose Around My Neck)

White people should undergo diversity training. White people should apologize to black people. White people should pay black people. American institutions must be remade. History should be rewritten. This must happen in order for black people to succeed.
- Black and white liberal leaders

The above is nonsense. Racism largely doesnt exist and blacks can succeed without the white mans' help.
-Thomas Sowell, Shelbie Steele, Jason Whitlock

GH is filled with right extremists. You know the type in real life, “that’s just uncle Don, he watches Fox News all day, if you catch my drift.”

Just have to remember that in the real world, these people are just a small, hateful niche. Pissed off, and ultimately scared to death, that their way of thinking, their view of how the world should work, is dying. Dying with them.

I disagree that it is simply a lack of understanding.

He knows full well. He simply hates it. He wants a different culture/attitude to win the culture war. He passionately fights against the changing tide in the attitudes and culture that more and more is starting to win the day in this country.
So in an effort to understand the culture discussion you are talking about, the National Museum of African American History & Culture put out a graphic that identified white culture, I guess it is equivalent to "being white", which is what they purport:
2020-07-16_13-32-27.jpg
So I guess if you don't want to "be white" then do the following:
  • DO NOT be self reliant, BE dependent on others
  • DO NOT communicate politely, DO communicate in a rude manner
  • IT IS NOT IDEAL to have a mother and father
  • DO NOT be objective and use logical thinking, DO be illogical and subjective
  • DO NOT work hard, DO lay around expect success anyway

I am floored by this. I thought that these items were American cultural concepts, I had no idea that self-reliance, being objective, use logical thinking, working hard, etc. are offensive to the Black culture.

^^^ American was founded on greed, by greedy bastards. There’s really not much romantic to it.

So in an effort to understand the culture discussion you are talking about, the National Museum of African American History & Culture put out a graphic that identified white culture, I guess it is equivalent to "being white", which is what they purport:
View attachment 8770

I am floored by this. I thought that these items were American cultural concepts, I had no idea that self-reliance, being objective, use logical thinking, working hard, etc. are offensive to the Black culture.

Critical Theory is making a big move in America. Thus you see posts such as from MplsGopher.

Long paragraphs could be written with examples such as your post
but most liberals ignore the examples or revert to name-calling rather than trying to defend the indefensible.

Last edited:

I am sure that listening to a couple of "high priests" of the left might sound like logic to you but it is not really something that needs to be explained. People get the concept but just reject it as BS.

Now that systemic racism has been eradicated people need to deal with something far harder - competing in an unforgiving free market system. In this situation envy is no help, jealousy-worthless, claiming a disadvantage- always a guy that came from a worse situation but still succeeds... What is needed is faith, family, and strong leaders to help break the disadvantaged mindset and fully assimilate. Who they got? LOL they got John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Good luck with that. Couple of white Democrats. You would think people would learn after 160 years...

The good news through all of this is that there is an awakening and many are rejecting these leaders.
I don't claim those guys as high priests of anything. I just linked the conversation because Stewart pointed out several historical issues that showed systemic racism and reasons for economic disparities. For example the comments about the GI bill seemed unbelievable, but if you check it out you will find that they were true. (I posted about it earlier in this thread.) Another point was how the conversation has a different spins depending upon if the unemployed are in the inner-city or in the rural parts of the country. What is really needed is equal opportunity.

View attachment 8770

Why would you make such conclusions? I searched their website and the only thing I could find is the following link:
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.24.55 PM.png
and it goes to the following page:
http://www.cascadia.edu/discover/about/diversity/documents/Some Aspects and Assumptions of White Culture in the United States.pdf
and this is a screen shot:
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.26.55 PM.png
This all looks to be in the context of understanding the typical traits of most white people in the US as written by the author back in 1990. I see no where that it says any of these traits are good or bad. It is just a listing of typical traits. To extrapolate such a listing such as you have into labeling white people as bad is totally fiction.

Alchemy, thanks for the Stewart video. There is truth to some of what they say, especially the piece about the GI bill as well as what i posted awhile back about how incredible racist Minneapolis has been with real estate deeds that go way back and make the city one of the most segregated cities of all the major metros. As a minority in will let you know that i find it dispicable But one huge miss by the video is the dismissive attitude that the 'BUT' people are off base . Not always. Points of personal responsibility, the kind that builds family values and ethics must be in play. I will have you know that my father was a GI and had GI friends who were white and they sold us their home. Not sure how it happened other that the fact my father put himself through college, worked two jobs and paid for it. I never found anything that stopped me from going at my dreams 100%. There are some terrible racists of all races globally .. I am left of the middle but not at the expence of law and order, not at the loss of civil liberties. Sure we can all do better. Anything systemic in racism must go but with that it must be asked what will people do for themselves. Folks should study all history of slavery from all sapien history globally, study the Jews and see what they overcame. No race was ever hated or murdered % wise as the Jews. Family, education, self actualization. Person by person we can do it by love, listening, kindness,education. Stop the free handouts to people that can work, reward the workers, help those disabled. There are two things that people can not be, no matter the color, stupid and lazy. My grandfather told us you could overcome part of stupid if you worked hard but if not you were doomed. Thinking well, facing the truth are the most important things we can do, it is what sets us at the top of all animals, we have a greater ability to communicate, first by listening.

^^^ American was founded on greed, by greedy bastards. There’s really not much romantic to it.
So are we asserting that Capitalism is what America was founded on?

Or are we just chasing ideological threads fueled by disinformation?

Why would you make such conclusions? I searched their website and the only thing I could find is the following link:
View attachment 8777
and it goes to the following page:
http://www.cascadia.edu/discover/about/diversity/documents/Some Aspects and Assumptions of White Culture in the United States.pdf
and this is a screen shot:
View attachment 8778
This all looks to be in the context of understanding the typical traits of most white people in the US as written by the author back in 1990. I see no where that it says any of these traits are good or bad. It is just a listing of typical traits. To extrapolate such a listing such as you have into labeling white people as bad is totally fiction.

Look at the website of the group who created the poster. They are not going to be putting out information honoring white people.

Everything at nmhaac as far as i can see is far left ideology. Included in their 8 themes in the talking about race portal is "whiteness - an ideology for holding power over others". The other themes are similar.

Contributing authors are far lefty, including DiAngelo of "White Fragility".

Finally, this has become a national story and could find no lefty media defending this, which they would if at all possible. Too far left even for them.

I couldnt find exactly the context where this poster is presented, but really is difficult for me to believe they ate taking an opportunity to honor white people. If so, then why take it down? GopherTeeth has it right.

Last edited:

So are we asserting that Capitalism is what America was founded on?

Or are we just chasing ideological threads fueled by disinformation?
It had nothing to do with capitalism. It had only to do with avoiding paying taxes to the government of the land at that time, the Kingdom of England.

Reactions like this make the ability to converse and improve relations minimal. If there is such a fine line between a compliment and a slight and if people are so ready to be offended, then we never heal. Healing comes through forgiveness and forbearance, not through constant reminder that there have been past sins.

I think Rashir Bolton will be better off in life when he starts to see himself as a just a person first and not a black person first.

I'd like to hear some context on the noose thing. None is offered here.
You would like to hear some context on the noose thing? The context is slavery and therefore Black people in the 17th & 18th century were viewed and operationalized as economic commodities. Thus, they were bought and sold and became property of white land owning men. They became the the sources of individual wealth because the state usually owned the property.

But we practice liberty and justice for all. Those were the founding fathers principles on which we built this country. This is correct. However, Black people were never considered in law as people until the infamous 3/5 clause which details counting them as 3/5 of a person only for voting consideration for their white slave masters.

Of course you remember from history class that Black people were not granted citizenship and thus formal freedom until the 14th amendment in 1868 long after the emancipation proclamation in 1861, but I’m sure this has no bearing on today.

You may be of the mind that this is all overblown racial rhetoric and racial history onyx. You may see this as a comment about a small rope that didn’t even exist and ask why are we bringing these old things up again? I thought we were over this?

What does this have to do with today, you ask? “Noose Comments” are the manifestation of the process dubbed by Mark Twain as a “deformed conscious” that you may know as slavery. They say more than, we don’t like you. They symbolize power and death; the gap in acknowledgment of historical hierarchical positioning of the categories of who we deem are people that deserve life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and those who do not.

There is no learning or growing for Rasir Bolton to do on this one. The learning and growing needs to start with us. It’s not a fine line. You’re right, he should see himself as a just person first and that is why he made the right decision. That is the context of the noose comment.

You would like to hear some context on the noose thing? The context is slavery and therefore Black people in the 17th & 18th century were viewed and operationalized as economic commodities. Thus, they were bought and sold and became property of white land owning men. They became the the sources of individual wealth because the state usually owned the property.

But we practice liberty and justice for all. Those were the founding fathers principles on which we built this country. This is correct. However, Black people were never considered in law as people until the infamous 3/5 clause which details counting them as 3/5 of a person only for voting consideration for their white slave masters.

Of course you remember from history class that Black people were not granted citizenship and thus formal freedom until the 14th amendment in 1868 long after the emancipation proclamation in 1861, but I’m sure this has no bearing on today.

You may be of the mind that this is all overblown racial rhetoric and racial history onyx. You may see this as a comment about a small rope that didn’t even exist and ask why are we bringing these old things up again? I thought we were over this?

What does this have to do with today, you ask? “Noose Comments” are the manifestation of the process dubbed by Mark Twain as a “deformed conscious” that you may know as slavery. They say more than, we don’t like you. They symbolize power and death; the gap in acknowledgment of historical hierarchical positioning of the categories of who we deem are people that deserve life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and those who do not.

There is no learning or growing for Rasir Bolton to do on this one. The learning and growing needs to start with us. It’s not a fine line. You’re right, he should see himself as a just person first and that is why he made the right decision. That is the context of the noose comment.
He wasn't asking for a history lesson, he wanted context regarding the CONVERSATION that Coach Chambers and Rasir Bolton had. Not really that hard to understand...

You must go back thousands of years to understand global slavery.

You must go back thousands of years to understand global slavery.

Be careful BB, you are stepping on the current narrative, and the mob might come for you.

Larry Elder speaks often on the history of the slave trade in the Arabic world, and in Africa long before the Colonial USA even existed. This is currently a verboten topic, as we are all to focus on how racist and evil our country is. Slavery began in 1619 and don't forget it or you will pay the price!

As far as the topic, I'll stand by my assertions that Pat Chambers is very unlikely to be in any way bigoted , or a "racist" You do not get too far as a white man, who coaches basketball in urban Philly like Chambers used to, by being some Bull Connor style bigot. The fact that he started to get all those city recruits to a hillbilly backwater like State College PA speaks to who he really is.

Who knows what actually happened between Bolton and the Coach, but there probably is a different side to this story.

Last edited:

It had nothing to do with capitalism. It had only to do with avoiding paying taxes to the government of the land at that time, the Kingdom of England.
Actually, it had to do with the tyranny and paying taxes without a say in how the citizens were treated, aka taxation without representation.

It became "one citizen one vote" with the commensurate struggle over the definition of citizen.

Now we are fighting over whether having more money, or wealth, means that you have more rights. This is a subversion of "one person one vote".

The state of democracy in the USA is under attack from anti-egalitarian forces on several fronts. Most notably are the social and economic realignment forces (pro & con) that justify tyranny as a means to accomplish their goals.

Be careful BB, you are stepping on the current narrative, and the mob might come for you.

Larry Elder speaks often on the history of the slave trade in the Arabic world, and in Africa long before the Colonial USA even existed. This is currently a verboten topic, as we are all to focus on how racist and evil our country is. Slavery began in 1619 and don't forget it or you will pay the price!

As far as the topic, I'll stand by my assertions that Pat Chambers is very unlikely to be in any way bigoted , or a "racist" You do not get too far as a white man, who coaches basketball in urban Philly like Chambers used to, by being some Bull Connor style bigot. The fact that he started to get all those city recruits to a hillbilly backwater like State College PA speaks to who he really is.

Who knows what actually happened between Bolton and the Coach, but there probably is a different side to this story.
I have never fit the narrative. Was simply taught to get as much information as possible and then take action on finding solutions. To be clear, slavery is horrific no matter where it is,has been or who is enslaved. In this country we have one of the shorter histories of slavery on record. The topic of racism is different and that covers all races. We were told growing up that there was nothing in our way except us. As a little guy of 5 or so my father brought me to fisherman's wharf and introduced me to all these fishing captains, resturant owners and asked them if i could get a job there when i was old enough. they all said yes. So at 10 years of age i began cleaning boats, loading bait, stocking produce, unloading the catch. They all encouraged to study hard and go to college. I did that until i was 16 and then took a job caddying at a private club on the peninsula. All these people were different colors, mostly mixed among black,italian, philipino, Irish and not a one of us ever thought that work and education would not be our ticket. There were some that had it really tough but they had mentors and they made it out of their plight. There will be many who never get the chance but if we have families that stick together,get educated, provide mentoring we will continue to make progress. Those instances where someone is treated poorly for the color of their skin or any race need to be heard and they need to help themselves. Racism goes both ways, it is like a disease, it knows no bounds.

I have no clue what happened between Chambers and his player. No doubt the player felt mistreated. What i do know is that Chambers players have stood by him.

I have never fit the narrative. Was simply taught to get as much information as possible and then take action on finding solutions. To be clear, slavery is horrific no matter where it is,has been or who is enslaved. In this country we have one of the shorter histories of slavery on record. The topic of racism is different and that covers all races. We were told growing up that there was nothing in our way except us. As a little guy of 5 or so my father brought me to fisherman's wharf and introduced me to all these fishing captains, resturant owners and asked them if i could get a job there when i was old enough. they all said yes. So at 10 years of age i began cleaning boats, loading bait, stocking produce, unloading the catch. They all encouraged to study hard and go to college. I did that until i was 16 and then took a job caddying at a private club on the peninsula. All these people were different colors, mostly mixed among black,italian, philipino, Irish and not a one of us ever thought that work and education would not be our ticket. There were some that had it really tough but they had mentors and they made it out of their plight. There will be many who never get the chance but if we have families that stick together,get educated, provide mentoring we will continue to make progress. Those instances where someone is treated poorly for the color of their skin or any race need to be heard and they need to help themselves. Racism goes both ways, it is like a disease, it knows no bounds.

I have no clue what happened between Chambers and his player. No doubt the player felt mistreated. What i do know is that Chambers players have stood by him.
Well stated reply, thx

Post of the Year candidate

I have only a small ounce of sympathy to the idea of "well I busted my ass to get where I am, so it's not fair that someone else is just given it to them".

That's basically what your post boils down to.

Not saying you do .... but others then take that and pervert it, into a religion of "personal responsibility" tripe, which is little more than a thinly veiled way of avoiding paying taxes for social causes/amenities/benefits.

Post of the Year candidate
Can not help others that pervert it but i understand people that do not want to pay for people that have not or will not work. Hardly need you to speak for what what my post boils down to. meant for mpls. goph.

Top Bottom