rashod bateman

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
I think he is better than Tyler Johnson. What does the rest of the Gopher faithful think.

I agree. Very sure handed. Really improving on his first move after the catch. Still a lot of upside there too. Saw a lot of single coverage and should have been targeted more.

I don’t want to take anything away from TJ, because he’s a very good player, but Bateman has some serious high end NFL level talent, and he’s only going to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bateman was the man today. Would have had a 2nd TD on a play if Morgan hadn't forced it to TJ who had the dropsies.

Bateman has the look of a guy who’s a first 3 round talent. Hopefully he stays all 4 years.

They also didn't really cover him until the 3rd quarter so there's that.
Kind of hard to say that he's "better" than Johnson when Johnson was in traffic all night and Bateman was on an island.

He's got some swivel in them there hips. Great jukes and moves to shake would be tacklers after the catch to gain extra yardage. Our best receiver.

Not sure he is better than TJ6 quite yet, but I think he will get there. Has speed, size, and hands that TJ6 doesn’t. NFL player.

I think he is better than Tyler Johnson. What does the rest of the Gopher faithful think.

I picked him in the poll of best player on the team. Tyler still drops passes. That will cost him a couple spots in the draft.

I picked him in the poll of best player on the team. Tyler still drops passes. That will cost him a couple spots in the draft.

If it doesn’t improve from last year (and it didn’t last night) it will cost him rounds in the draft.

If it doesn’t improve from last year (and it didn’t last night) it will cost him rounds in the draft.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Rounds. Not position within a round.

Not sure he is better than TJ6 quite yet, but I think he will get there. Has speed, size, and hands that TJ6 doesn’t. NFL player.

What does TJ6 actually do that's better than him right now? He's bigger, has significantly better hands and is just as good a route runner, if not better. Plus he's a better deep threat. TJ6 getting the benefit of the doubt right now because he's a homegrown talent. The drops are becoming increasingly frustrating with TJ6 and not sure he can counted on as consistently as Bateman at this point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Despite the overall dismal showing last night, I went to bed thinking that as predicted, we do have a WR who's a dark horse in the Heisman race. It just ain't the one everyone predicted.

TJ will be fine and likely finish with a stat line similar to last season. He's gonna have two or three breakaway TDs on intermediate passes and a couple long ones that he makes incredible plays on. He'll also no doubt drop three or four more at critical times...that's just who he is. The passing game seems to be as good as predicted with threats all over the field. Hopefully the staff continues thinking of ways to mix it up and get the ball to guys in space.

I was willing to overlook TJ’s concentration drops from last season, because I’m sure he worked on it a lot over the off season. Last night was disappointing. I didn’t see the first one, but on the 2nd one, he knew he was about to get hit. He heard footsteps.

Bateman had his hands on one that he didn’t come down with too, but the degree of difficulty was much higher.

What does TJ6 actually do that's better than him right now? He's bigger, has significantly better hands and is just as good a route runner, if not better. Plus he's a better deep threat. TJ6 getting the benefit of the doubt right now because he's a homegrown talent. The drops are becoming increasingly frustrating with TJ6 and not sure he can counted on as consistently as Bateman at this point.

Not sure I agree yet on this point.

I'm not going to Crown someone as better after a game against an FCS team. But, here is the bottom line....

Teams are going to have to respect Bateman and won't be able to double TJ on every passing play! They will both benefit from playing with each other.

TJ is a phenomenal athlete that has developed into an excellent receiver. Everyone knows that Bateman is a natural WR and that it would only be a matter of time until he caught up with TJ. That is not taking anything away from TJ, it is great that we have potential NFL caliber WR’s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They needed to target Bateman more, 132 yards before half and literally nothing after! No reason why he shouldn’t have had 200+ receiving yards for the game!

Bateman was the man today. Would have had a 2nd TD on a play if Morgan hadn't forced it to TJ who had the dropsies.

Bateman has a long, long ways to go before he drops as many passes in his career as TJ. That's a bar he may never come close to.

Despite the overall dismal showing last night, I went to bed thinking that as predicted, we do have a WR who's a dark horse in the Heisman race. It just ain't the one everyone predicted.

TJ will be fine and likely finish with a stat line similar to last season. He's gonna have two or three breakaway TDs on intermediate passes and a couple long ones that he makes incredible plays on. He'll also no doubt drop three or four more at critical times...that's just who he is. The passing game seems to be as good as predicted with threats all over the field. Hopefully the staff continues thinking of ways to mix it up and get the ball to guys in space.

TJ has developed into a solid WR, Bateman is a natural receiver with a massive upside.

If I was building a team and had to choose between them I would pick Bateman because his upside is off the charts and I trust his hands way more then TJ. TJ has become a very good receiver but he still has the bad drops at times. He started really rough in that department early in the year last year and seemed to get better as the season went on.

Bateman can be a superstar, and it just might happen this year.

Coming from an outside perspective. 1 game obviously isnt enough to make a judgement of Tyler but had i not known who he wsas due to preseason hype, i would have called him a liability from his performance last night. He just didnt play well at all.

Bateman on the other hand looks like matchup nightmare and a future star. If nothing else i think his ceiling is much higher than Johnsons.

Had I not known who he was due to preseason hype, I would have called him a liability from his performance last night.

That's our super-secret strategy to keep him hidden until we spring him at just the right time. You fell for it!

Not only will he be playing on Sundays, he'll be impacting Sundays.

He had two great catches. Morgan's throw on the TD was about as perfect as could be. TJ had a great catch and run as well; and his usual one in explicit drop of an easy catch.

The offense really sputtered so those plays are going to stand out.

IMO, TJ6 is a better route runner and gets separation/open better. At this point. Of course that is still based mostly on last year since this year just started. Bateman’s future is brighter. I’m still not sold that TJ6 is fast enough to have a huge impact in the NFL. Bateman is.

Top Bottom