RaShede Hageman suspended indefinitely

Not surprised.

Care to elaborate? He's never been disciplined before and I remember reading last year he was doing really well in his classes.

I think everyone expected big things from him this year, or at least him being a more visible part of the defense, but he still is just a redshirt freshman.

Hopefully it was for taking a swing at Maturi.

Marcus just tweeted about it
@gophersnow said:
No reason given. Horton said it happened yesterday. If Hageman meets requirements than suspension will be lifted next week, Horton said.

I have absolutely no information and I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but...

It is not uncommon to have some minor cases of insubordination when the leader of a group (a head coach) is suddenly ripped away from a bunch of passionate guys. And from what we know, the support of Brew from within the team was relatively solid.

Again, I am just saying that in a general way.... it has nothing to do with anything I know or suspect of Hageman.

I have absolutely no information and I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but...

It is not uncommon to have some minor cases of insubordination when the leader of a group (a head coach) is suddenly ripped away from a bunch of passionate guys. And from what we know, the support of Brew from within the team was relatively solid.

Again, I am just saying that in a general way.... it has nothing to do with anything I know or suspect of Hageman.

Good point. I know beeg rebelled when Ted Haggard was removed.

The hits just keep on coming. If he transfers to a juco the team is really hurt going forward.

Hageman suspended for Penn State game

Posted by Phil Miller

Last update: October 20, 2010 - 6:12 PM

Defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman has been suspended for Saturday's game after an unspecified violation of coach Jeff Horton's new rules, the coach said Wednesday.
"I made some points that I expected our players to follow, what I expected out of them on and off the field and practice field," said Horton, in his first week as interim coach of the Gophers. Hageman violated those rules on Tuesday, the coach said, and will not be in uniform against Penn State.
"We will meet again on Sunday, and if he fulfills his obligations all week long like I expect him to, he will be reinstated on Sunday," Horton said.
Hageman, a reserve tackle who started the season as a defensive end and eventually was moved inside, has four tackles in seven games thus far. The remaining three tackles on the depth chart -- Brandon Kirksey, Jewhan Edwards and Austin Hahn -- will absorb Hageman's playing time this week, the coach said.

Hageman suspended for Penn State game

Posted by Phil Miller

Last update: October 20, 2010 - 6:12 PM

Defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman has been suspended for Saturday's game after an unspecified violation of coach Jeff Horton's new rules, the coach said Wednesday.
"I made some points that I expected our players to follow, what I expected out of them on and off the field and practice field," said Horton, in his first week as interim coach of the Gophers. Hageman violated those rules on Tuesday, the coach said, and will not be in uniform against Penn State.
"We will meet again on Sunday, and if he fulfills his obligations all week long like I expect him to, he will be reinstated on Sunday," Horton said.
Hageman, a reserve tackle who started the season as a defensive end and eventually was moved inside, has four tackles in seven games thus far. The remaining three tackles on the depth chart -- Brandon Kirksey, Jewhan Edwards and Austin Hahn -- will absorb Hageman's playing time this week, the coach said.

What playing time he barely sees the field.

Any chance it's as simple as skipping class or something like that?

Maybe this is a good sign. Horton put in new rules and Hageman was testing. Maybe that is why the players haven't produced and liked Brewster,NO DISCIPLINE AND TOO EASY???????????????????????

Maybe this is a good sign. Horton put in new rules and Hageman was testing. Maybe that is why the players haven't produced and liked Brewster,NO DISCIPLINE AND TOO EASY???????????????????????

This situation reads nothing about Brewster and everything about Hageman. Considering the date of the suspension it is likely a Mid term progress report that came back suspect or lacking. Academic advisors get them in the first two years. Coincidentally, we are exactly at the midpoint of the term.

Theret was public, I'm talking about on field, work ethic, allowing mental mistakes and not holding people accountable!!!!!!!!

he has 4 tackles in 7 games? Geez, our d backs tackle double that number each game...this guy is obviously a non factor, but clearly needs all the practice he can get

Meh, wasn't hearing anything from him on the field. Barely saw him, too.

Just happy Tinsley wasn't being stupid.

I really don't think you can measure a defensive tackle by the number of tackles he makes. On one hand, you could say that 4 tackles in 7 games is not bad for a guy who gets less than 10 snaps a game. Our starting defensive tackles (Kirksey and Edwards), who play 95% of the snaps, have only 16 and 17 tackles, respectively, on the season. D.L. Wilhite, who has started every game, has only 8 tackles for the whole season.

Hageman liked to mouth off to the coaches and Brewster would look the other way. Horton won't tolerate that kind of behavior and threw him out.

Nice comment, Mr. Mottla (kearsm). Even if your son feels that way about Ra'Shede, it would probably be best if you kept that to yourself.

Top Bottom