Ra'Shede Hageman confirmed he plans on returning for his senior year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

@NSandell: Not that it's much of a surprise, but #Gophers DT Ra'Shede Hageman confirmed he plans on returning for his senior year

Go Gophers!!

@BTNTomDienhart: I am surprised (but pleased) that #Gophers DT Ra'Shede Hageman opted to return. DTs always are overvalued in NF. Hard position to fill.

Go Gophers!!

That's great - it's probably the best thing for him (his development) and for the team.

I can see some big SOB come in and take him to the cleaners and beat him out. (I can dream, can't I?)

I think that he made the correct decision, he's still pretty green at the DT position, I think it'll pay off for him in the long run.

Quite a lot of jackassery on the forum the last few days. Can't we have some Christmas cheer?

Wise choice young man. Get your degree, and get an extra year of experience & seasoning at DT.

Going early only makes sense if you'll be taken in the first two rounds. This year, there are a fair number of DTs available, making a selection in the first two rounds questionable. If he has a whole year playing the way he started this year, I could see Ra'Shede Hageman, going as high as the late first round.

STrib: Hageman admits he's not quite ready for NFL

"I feel like I'm not fully ready to take that next step," the fourth-year junior said. "Five sacks is OK, but I feel like I can do a lot better, especially in the running game. My pad level [needs work], so I can stop the run. And going full speed every play, too."

Hageman apparently has listened to his own advice, because he said Saturday he plans to return to Minnesota in 2013 for his senior season, bypassing the NFL's early-entry process.

"I feel like I need to get one more year under my belt. I look at myself -- I did OK, in my opinion, but I've definitely got a lot of things to improve on," said Hageman, who discussed his future with his parents and coaches before making his decision. "Getting another year means I've got another spring ball to work hard, get a little bit stronger, so I can be a dominant player in the Big Ten."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/183656151.html

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Gophers football: Defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman to return for senior season

"Just going through the experience of seeing where I would go and getting an evaluation of what I need to do to improve is huge," Hageman said. "I want to know what the NFL scouts are looking for so I can work on that this summer. I will definitely put out that sheet that the NFL can look at."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_22200484/gophers-rashede-hageman-return-senior-year

Go Gophers!!

Quite a lot of jackassery on the forum the last few days. Can't we have some Christmas cheer?

The good news per the following hungan1's comment is "Wise choice young man. Get your degree, and get an extra year of experience & seasoning at DT." That is Christmas cheer!

With everyone on the D-line coming back next year except Wilhite, and finally having several upperclassmen, we should be solid at this position next year. If Hageman's improvement next year is anywhere close to what we saw this year, he could be the best D-lineman we've had in 10 years.

Smart move. Not only is it good for us fans, it is a good move for Ra'Shede. One more year of development at DT should do wonders for him. He was becoming a factor last year.....he should be one of the best DT's in the Big Ten next year.

He was projected to be a 5th round choice in the NFL draft. Smart move to come back, improve and get your degree.

I think Hageman has a great opportunity with the next season to really move up the draft board. If he really works hard in the offseason and is dominant next year, I could see him going in the 1st round.

Personally, I am thinking he goes in the 2-3 round in the draft after his senior year. But, like I said, if he works on technique, pad level, hand placement etc., he could be a 1st rounder.

Great news, I'm excited to see what he can do with another year at DT under his belt

Good move by Hageman.

He can learn how to use commas.

I'M FREAKING JOKING.

:p

happy to hear that hageman will be returning for his senior season. and even happier to hear that he will be getting his degree while still going to the nfl. smart move by him and his family. congrats and go gophers!

Top Bottom