Ranking every defensive line group in the Big Ten Conference entering 2024 football season (9. Minnesota Gophers)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Ben:

Starters: Jah Joyner (DE), Deven Eastern (DT), Jalen Logan-Redding (DT), Danny Striggow (DE)

Minnesota has an under-the-radar defensive line unit with Joyner, Striggow and Logan-Redding all back after strong 2023 seasons. The trio combined for 18 tackles for loss and 16.0 sacks in 2023. While the Golden Gophers struggled to a 6-7 record, the defensive line play was not the culprit.

The group should take another step forward in year two under DC Corey Hetherman. It could rise to be one of the conference’s better position groups.

Go Gophers!!

year 2? How did year 1 go under Hetherman? I must have slept through that season.

I know there are 18 (eighteen) teams in the Big Ten now, but isn't our defensive line better than 9...or no?

Does anyone have a strong read on the defensive line?

Article: "under-the-radar defensive line unit."

Jaxon Howard​

Transfer Grade: 92
As a prospect: 94
With the Gophers: 999!

Yea, some how, I just don't see the defensive line being such a weakness for the Ducks this year. I think USC will be better than people think and UCLA will be worse. I suspect Michigan will drop off a bit as will Iowa.

Top Bottom