RANDOM IMPRESSIONS

Nomellini

Reaction score
Saturday nights in the fall without much sleep have been a common theme for me over the years. This year has featured several of the happy kind! Thank you, Gophers.
BBC will never buy a drink in the state of Minnesota (and deservedly so) but if he doesn't make that unforgettable play, I think Minnesota still wins. With 4th and 14 at the Gopher 35 yard-line, I think Nebraska is still repelled. How many times has 4th and long felt like 2nd and 1 with other Gopher teams?
How discouraging for Husker fans to get a close view of how quickly Kill has closed the gap between the two programs. He has beaten the Big Red twice in a row with many key players that Bo P. would not have considered recruiting. The Husker faithful saw the Gophers (a team known until fairly recently as The Big Ten's Favorite Homecoming Guest) wear down Nebraska with the run game and impose their will in the 4th quarter. Wasn't sure I would live long enough to get to see that.
Did Nebraska go away from the run game too soon? I think they are protecting Abdullah with a lighter load but I think his 30th carry would have been as scary as his 1st. They may have had more success protecting their lead by feeding him more carries.
Talk about irony. Cobb survives hits on 500 carries and gets hurt on a play where he is scarcely touched.
Thank goodness for the kid who lost the three fumbles (I'm counting the one where he "broke the plane"). The one just before halftime at the Gopher 15 yard-line seems under-emphasized. If the Gophers go into the Locker room down 28-7, it might have been over.
How refreshing to see the Gophers follow up BBC's huge play with a clock-killing first down. The Gophers were able to do the same thing after Thompson's gem vs. Purdue. How many games have we lost due to an inability to gain a single first down in the last 3 minutes? Don't torture yourself by counting.
Springing an upset on the road before 90,000+ normally excludes shocking special teams break-downs. That 10-point swing would surely have done in many other Minnesota teams. Clearly, these are Gophers of a different stripe.

Saturday nights in the fall without much sleep have been a common theme for me over the years. This year has featured several of the happy kind! Thank you, Gophers.
BBC will never buy a drink in the state of Minnesota (and deservedly so) but if he doesn't make that unforgettable play, I think Minnesota still wins. With 4th and 14 at the Gopher 35 yard-line, I think Nebraska is still repelled. How many times has 4th and long felt like 2nd and 1 with other Gopher teams?
How discouraging for Husker fans to get a close view of how quickly Kill has closed the gap between the two programs. He has beaten the Big Red twice in a row with many key players that Bo P. would not have considered recruiting. The Husker faithful saw the Gophers (a team known until fairly recently as The Big Ten's Favorite Homecoming Guest) wear down Nebraska with the run game and impose their will in the 4th quarter. Wasn't sure I would live long enough to get to see that.
Did Nebraska go away from the run game too soon? I think they are protecting Abdullah with a lighter load but I think his 30th carry would have been as scary as his 1st. They may have had more success protecting their lead by feeding him more carries.
Talk about irony. Cobb survives hits on 500 carries and gets hurt on a play where he is scarcely touched.
Thank goodness for the kid who lost the three fumbles (I'm counting the one where he "broke the plane"). The one just before halftime at the Gopher 15 yard-line seems under-emphasized. If the Gophers go into the Locker room down 28-7, it might have been over.
How refreshing to see the Gophers follow up BBC's huge play with a clock-killing first down. The Gophers were able to do the same thing after Thompson's gem vs. Purdue. How many games have we lost due to an inability to gain a single first down in the last 3 minutes? Don't torture yourself by counting.
Springing an upset on the road before 90,000+ normally excludes shocking special teams break-downs. That 10-point swing would surely have done in many other Minnesota teams. Clearly, these are Gophers of a different stripe.

Great Post!!!

BBC will never buy a drink in the state of Minnesota (and deservedly so) but if he doesn't make that unforgettable play, I think Minnesota still wins. With 4th and 14 at the Gopher 35 yard-line, I think Nebraska is still repelled....

All good stuff, but these two stood out.

Top Bottom