RandBall: The transfer portal: What is it — and why is it my new obsession?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per RandBall:

Look: transfers are nothing new. Former Gophers coach Richard Pitino used transfers and ultimately the portal to add to his teams. New Gophers coach Ben Johnson himself transferred from Northwestern to Minnesota, playing two years at each school — with a year where he was ineligible in between.

What's undeniable is that I'm fascinated by the level of player movement that is now possible — particularly as it pertains to the Gophers and Johnson — and how easy it is to track.

You can find a good frequently updated list of men's college basketball players who have entered their names into the transfer portal on 247 sports, though you should note that they are organized by how many "stars" they received in high school recruiting and therefore the order might not give you a full picture of how good they are now.

Go Gophers!!

per RandBall:

Look: transfers are nothing new. Former Gophers coach Richard Pitino used transfers and ultimately the portal to add to his teams. New Gophers coach Ben Johnson himself transferred from Northwestern to Minnesota, playing two years at each school — with a year where he was ineligible in between.

What's undeniable is that I'm fascinated by the level of player movement that is now possible — particularly as it pertains to the Gophers and Johnson — and how easy it is to track.

You can find a good frequently updated list of men's college basketball players who have entered their names into the transfer portal on 247 sports, though you should note that they are organized by how many "stars" they received in high school recruiting and therefore the order might not give you a full picture of how good they are now.

Go Gophers!!
Randball finally catches up to gopher hole

Top Bottom