RandBall: Can the Gophers men's basketball team create chemistry this summer?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Rand:

8:00: Star Tribune Gophers men's basketball writer Marcus Fuller joins the show to talk about another offseason with a lot of roster turnover. Can a senior-heavy team filled with holdovers and newcomers find chemistry quickly next season? Plus Fuller has thoughts on new college sports rules and the NBA draft.

Go Gophers!!

I think sometimes chemistry is overrated. I think sometimes what we think is chemistry is really just fit.

I haven't seen a lot of our players play a whole lot, but the players seem like they will fit together nicely. Garcia is clearly our best player and the other bigs seem like they will fit well around him. Then we have a number of guys who can handle the ball (Patterson, Mitchell, Asuma, and Williams), a number of wings who can shoot so the backcourt should fit together as well.

Mr. Annoying (me) thinks we need a second big wing to pair with (or share playing time with) Odukale.
If Odukake misses time, who do we have to defend opponent's big wings?
Our other wings are 6'2"-6'3".
Please give the 13th scholarship to Allen-Eikens (the CSUN kid) and cover that weakness.
BTW, I live in SoCal, so I can bring him in for a visit myself, if necessary!
We don't want no stinkin' walk-on wasting the last scholarship.

Last edited:

Mr. Annoying (me) thinks we need a second big wing to pair with (or share playing time with) Odukale.
Please give the 13th scholarship to Allen-Eikens (the CSUN kid) and cover that weakness.
Hermosa Beach?

I worked at the Valero refinery about 20 years ago in Long Beach. I forgot the name of the bar with what seemed like a million different tap beers. At the marina.
Ballast Point Brewing?

That's not it, so my lazy ass had to look it up. Took me a while. Yard House.
Not familiar....
Ever go to Joe Jost's?
I still live here, but I forgot where I left my memory.......

Last edited:

If I remember right it was really good and somewhat locally famous. I only went once right before my job finished and I left the area.
Your memory is good!
Joe Jost's Special is Sausage Sandwich, Pickled Egg and pitcher of beer.

Last edited:

Is Eikens visiting at all? I saw we were one of 4 teams recruiting him the hardest. Memphis, Rhode Island, and Hawaii were the other 3

Is Eikens visiting at all? I saw we were one of 4 teams recruiting him the hardest. Memphis, Rhode Island, and Hawaii were the other 3
No news as far as I know, so I'm afraid they plan on wasting the last scholarship on a walk-on.

Top Bottom