Rand: One has to wonder when the Gophers will win again?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Rand:

UCLA the week after that should be a reprieve and the Gophers’ best chance for a Big Ten victory. But that’s still a road game, so let’s take nothing for granted.

The last five: home against Maryland, at No. 19 Illinois, at Rutgers, home against No. 9 Penn State and at Wisconsin. You might think Maryland and Rutgers are easy-ish games, but both are projected by ESPN to finish with around seven wins. The Gophers? Five.

P.J. Fleck’s Gophers have thrived in recent years focusing on one week at a time instead of letting the big picture consume them.

Without the benefit of the soft Big Ten schedule, and staring at a daunting stretch of games, that mindset will be of extra importance this season if they are to prove doubters wrong.

Go Gophers!!

4-8. P.J. will come up with some new platitudes.
At some point the words sound hollow to the team...if we go 4 and 8...we seemingly do not have a lot of playmakers presently...some of the better players will move to the NFL draft or graduate. How many of the younger potential playmakers will hit the portal? We'd be 4 and 8 after keeping all our guys this past offseason. What will the future look like if we have a new trend and our promising younger players transfer?

I am surprised espn is predicting 5

This makes me feel better about my crazy optimistic prediction of 5 that I made the other day

Top Bottom