Ralph Jr. - What are you thinking?

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not into bashing student athletes but why are you even testing the NBA at this point? You need to work on playing stronger! The hook of your pops Sampson Sr. is also not falling - much less the 3's you decide to take. You need to step up your game before you even think of testing draft interest in the NBA. If your camp is whispering NBA in your ear...wrong!

I believe Coach Smith suggested he do the test the waters approach to the NBA. This is common practice on teams that may have a player that is a potential draft pick, this way the NBA scouts can tell them what the evaluation of them as a player is and what they may have to work on. As long as they do not have an agent it is all okay.

Note to Ralph Jr.
First off Ralph I'm not into bashing student athletes but why are you even testing the NBA at this point? You need to work on playing stronger! The hook of Sampson Sr. is also not falling for you - much less the 3's you decide to take. You need to step up your game before you even think of testing draft interest in the NBA Jr. Whomever in your camp is whispering NBA in your ear...tell them to shut up!!!!

Ralph Junior was one of the best NCAA hoops players of all time, and had a very respectable NBA career. You're off by a generation Parski... I think you'll have trouble finding any information on Ralph Sr's hook shot.

Ralph Junior was one of the best NCAA hoops players of all time, and had a very respectable NBA career. You're off by a generation Parski... I think you'll have trouble finding any information on Ralph Sr's hook shot.
You're a tad confused - Sr. was a Rocket.

Don't think it's all that possible that Ralph will even think about actually entering the draft. Just trying to guage what the scouts think without hiring an agent.

Ralph Sr is Ralph Jr's father. Ralph Jr is Ralph III's father. Ralph III is our current Ralph. All of these Ralph's get me so darned confused I wanna Ralph.

A little off topic but this might help to follow the III's.

Ralph Sr is Ralph Jr's father. Ralph Jr is Ralph III's father. Ralph III is our current Ralph. All of these Ralph's get me so darned confused I wanna Ralph.

If you are confused by Ralph III try figuring out the Adam Clayton Powell's.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/13/if-your-name-is-powell-take-a-number/

There was Adam Clayton Powell Sr. (a friend of renowned German Theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Adam Clayton Powell Jr. A congressman from NY for many many years (followed by Charlie Rangel)

and then there is:

Adam Clayton Powell III
2 Adam Clayton Powell IV's and
Adam Clayton Powell V (a record holding Swimmer at Columbia University).

from the wikipedia on Adam Clayton Powell Jr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton_Powell,_Jr.

Personal

Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building at Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Boulevard and 125th Street in Harlem.
His first wife was nightclub entertainer Isabel Washington, the sister of actress Fredi Washington. Powell adopted her son Preston, from a previous marriage.

Powell and his second wife, singer Hazel Scott, had a son, Adam Clayton Powell III. Adam Clayton Powell III is Vice Provost for Globalization at the University of Southern California (USC) and one of the world's leading authorities on the use of the Internet for journalists. He named his son Adam Clayton Powell IV.

Powell and his third wife, Puerto Rican Yvette Diago, had a son Adam Clayton Powell Diago, so named in the matrilineal tradition of some Latino cultures. This son changed his name to Adam Clayton Powell IV when he moved to the mainland from Puerto Rico to attend Howard University. This caused confusion because his nephew, only 8 years younger than he, was also named Adam Clayton Powell IV.

The politician A. C. Powell IV was elected to the New York City Council in 1991 after a special election and served for two terms. He also served as a New York state Assemblyman (D-East Harlem) for three terms. He named his son Adam Clayton Powell V. In the 2010 Democratic primary election, A. C. Powell IV lost his challenge to the incumbent Charles B. Rangel for the right to run for Congress in his father's District.

Thanks, rrjack. That cleared it up for me! :confused:

Don't think it's all that possible that Ralph will even think about actually entering the draft. Just trying to guage what the scouts think without hiring an agent.

Pretty sure Ralph said in a interview he thought he was ready for the NBA now.

Ralph is doing NOTHING wrong here.

Best case scenario, scouts tell him he is a first round pick and he makes a lot of money.

Worst case scenario, scouts tell him things to work on, he works on them, and next year makes a lot of money.

While I don't think he gets drafted NOW, he is not quite at the level of JJ with Purdue, but could be, he did however play great in PR. Very close to good enough for the NBA.

Personally, I hope he has another hard working off season and comes back next year and plays much like Purdue's JJ.

Can you imagine this team with Trevor (with a better jump shot and post move), Ralph (playing like JJ), Rodney (With a great offseason as he says he wants to be "the guy"), Oto to shoot 3's, Welch and Hollins to run the point, Austin with a solid jump shot and his continued intelligence and defense ...

With some good offseasons, this team could be VERY special next year and there is the legitimate possibility that Rodney, Ralph, and Trevor all get drafted next season ... even Coach Cal would call that pretty good.

IMO, the terrible end of the season ought to have inspired a lot of guys, especially watching the tourney. Just based on twitter I know Trevor wants to get to work. Rodney was talking about it as soon as the season ended. Ralph will, I'm sure, be hard at work with his dad, as I could see Austin doing too.

Personally, I could see next season being pretty special still. No need to give up yet! Especially with a down Big10 as MSU and OSU are the only "powers", Wisconsin, Minnesota (maybe Michigan too) will have fun fighting for third.

I hope you're right scher215. My opinion is it is up to Tubby to make it all happen.

I hope you're right scher215. My opinion is it is up to Tubby to make it all happen.

I hope I am right too lol

I don't put off season work on Tubby as much, considering he can't have "team" practices (not sure at all what the contact rules are in general with his players though?) but I hope he has given them a list of things to work on and a way to do it over the off season so that they can make it happen

Everyone on this board should be thankful there isn't a Dr Don II, Dr Don III, Dr Don IV and so on and so forth.

There wouldn't be any beer left for the student section.

Top Bottom