Ralph and Rodney get mentioned in Reusse's TOY (Wilf wins)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/sports/134431878.html

Ralph and Rodney. Even without a point guard, there's no way the 2010-11 Gophers could have lost 10 of their last 11 games if Ralph Sampson III and Rodney Williams had used, say, 75 percent of their talent. If they don't pick it up, senior Ralph and junior Rodney have a chance to go down as two of the more notable underachievers in Gophers hoops history.

Go Gophers!!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/134431878.html

Ralph and Rodney. Even without a point guard, there's no way the 2010-11 Gophers could have lost 10 of their last 11 games if Ralph Sampson III and Rodney Williams had used, say, 75 percent of their talent. If they don't pick it up, senior Ralph and junior Rodney have a chance to go down as two of the more notable underachievers in Gophers hoops history.

Go Gophers!!

Did you get fired from your movie critic columnist job? WILF WINS, WILF WINS!!!!!! Was that necessary?

I don't agree with giving the award to Wilf. The guy has spent money as an owner of the Vikings from the Jared Allen trade to Favre, to locking up AD, the guy has always been willing to open his checkbook. If the Vikings had an owner like Wilf (instead of Red McCombs) in the late 90's/early 00's we'd likely have a couple Lombardi trophy's. The Dome has needed to be replaced for a decade and it's on the state of Minnesota for never stepping up to the plate. It's going to cost more now, that's just the reality of things. Maybe Wilf shouldn't get to decide where the stadium is built, but that's hardly "Turkey worthy" when a guy like Joel Maturi is around. I will say that while I don't like much of anything Reusse writes, I thought his opening to this article mentioning all the championships won by Minnesota teams was very well done.

Picking on a couple student athletes - what a class act he is. Idiot.

I don't agree with giving the award to Wilf. The guy has spent money as an owner of the Vikings from the Jared Allen trade to Favre, to locking up AD, the guy has always been willing to open his checkbook. If the Vikings had an owner like Wilf (instead of Red McCombs) in the late 90's/early 00's we'd likely have a couple Lombardi trophy's. The Dome has needed to be replaced for a decade and it's on the state of Minnesota for never stepping up to the plate. It's going to cost more now, that's just the reality of things. Maybe Wilf shouldn't get to decide where the stadium is built, but that's hardly "Turkey worthy" when a guy like Joel Maturi is around. I will say that while I don't like much of anything Reusse writes, I thought his opening to this article mentioning all the championships won by Minnesota teams was very well done.

6 wins last year and 2 wins so far this year. How's all that money doing now?

Kudos to howeda7

station19 said:
6 wins last year and 2 wins so far this year. How's all that money doing now?

Kudos to howeda7

So we should not have paid AP? That's where most of this years money went. I guess in your mind we just let one of the best or the best RB in the NFL go.

So we should not have paid AP? That's where most of this years money went. I guess in your mind we just let one of the best or the best RB in the NFL go.

The Vikings are 8-19 in their last 27 games. I guess AP can't do it alone.

Should've avoided Favre in spent money on some receivers.

Yes. A team like the Patriots would have. You can find high performing running backs in later rounds of the draft provided you have a solid Oline. Of course, the Vikings don't, but that still doesn't excuse blowing 100 million on a position that generally won't decide the outcome of a game in the TV-friendly passing league the NFL has become. If you've got that much payroll wrapped up in your running back, you're going to be a losing franchise. Which they are.

For those interested, former Vikings GM Jeff Diamond wrote about this issue recently.

Also, if spending money was enough to make one a great owner, Daniel Snyder would be in the HOF. The Vikings are an arrogant, horribly managed franchise that has overpaid many of its players, held on to aging vets too long, drafted miserably, and staffed itself poorly.

Top Bottom