R U Seeing Any Shortages?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Illegal immigrants in general work their ass off and get shit on, they aren't stealing.

I didn't come from money, my parents gave me a clothes, food and maybe a couple grand for college and that's it. I never expected anything from them and I started working at 12 so I had my own money.
Yes, they are stealing. They are choosing to illegally enter a place to take, for their own benefit. I agree, that have complicit employers, those people are stealing too.

Neat story - I never accused you of coming from money.

Wally

Reaction score
That sounds like perfect timing considering the amount of jobs that will be lost to automation.

The demographic "time bomb" would have been a godsend. Now it's the excuse stupid people use to shill for large corporations and get as much cheap labor into the US as possible.

Congrats on doing your part to keep wages as low as possible. The non-white Americans, who are disproportionately impacted by your guilt-ridden shilling, will enjoy the stagnation of their wages. Thank god you're just dumb enough to think you're helping.
I support Unionizing everyone and all of them making a living wage. If anything that would probably exacerbate our worker shortage. Limiting the pool of labor to drive up wages is not the route to the strongest country.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Didn't say it made you guilty, should be humble about how spoiled we all are.
Cool. So we never have to talk about slavery, the American Indians, Jim Crow and all of those things that happened by people that were a similar shade of pink as my ancestors. Perfect. I'll hold you to that.

Some of us aren't spoiled. We are fortunate. Those of us who work hard are spoiled. Yes, the American layabouts are extremely spoiled, I'll give you that. Those of us who were lucky to be born here and work our asses off, aren't spoiled. We are fortunate and part of the success of the country.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I support Unionizing everyone and all of them making a living wage. If anything that would probably exacerbate our worker shortage. Limiting the pool of labor to drive up wages is not the route to the strongest country.
It's not limiting the pool of labor. LOL. They arne't in our pool.

You're full of incredible ideas. You want to pump the country full of illegal aliens and immediately unionize them? All while Americans who aren't working are all selling drugs and getting money from their sugar mommies and daddies.

That sounds like a great system though.

scools12

Reaction score
Yep. Which leaves the choice between the party that still believes in democracy and the one that doesn't.
When you referring to the party the still believes in democracy you certainly can’t be referring to the Leftist Party? This is the party that controls all of the federal government and are using it as weapon to harass citizens and label concerned parents as domestic terrorists. The party trying to pack the Supreme Court for their own benefit. The party trying to federalize state and local elections for their own benefit. The party trying to turn a Republic into an one-party authoritarian ruled state.

You can’t be referring to that party? Nah, no way you’re referring to the Leftist Party.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Sorry what your ancestors did doesn't make you special.
Charitably I think he’s saying his position is due to people doing the right thing just like you and I try to do for our kids. It’s the right thing to do.
There are people born to the work shy and assholes and They need a shot too. I’m more impressed by people who go from worst to first.

Wally

Reaction score
So we never have to talk about slavery, the American Indians, Jim Crow and all of those things that happened by people that were a similar shade of pink as my ancestors. Perfect. I'll hold you to that.
In the context of immigration, no you don't.
Some of us aren't spoiled. We are fortunate. Those of us who work hard are spoiled. Yes, the American layabouts are extremely spoiled, I'll give you that. Those of us who were lucky to be born here and work our asses off, aren't spoiled. We are fortunate and part of the success of the country.
You won the lottery.

Wally

Reaction score
I’m more impressed by people who go from worst to first.
Yes, the guy who swam across the Rio Grande and is successful is much more impressive than all but the most downtrodden person born here.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
In the context of immigration, no you don't.

You won the lottery.
You just said we shouldn't hold any guilt because of the acts committed by people who are a similar shade of pink of our ancestors. Now, you're limiting my lack of guilt to only this one reason. Strange. It's almost like you don't mean the words you type.

I never said I didn't. LOL. We are all very fortunate to have been born here at this time in human history. Extremely fortunate. That doesn't make us spoiled.

Get this, I also think it should be illegal to steal from people who win the actual lottery? Weird, huh?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Yes, the guy who swam across the Rio Grande and is successful is much more impressive than all but the most downtrodden person born here.
You've watched too many Lifetime movies.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
When you referring to the party the still believes in democracy you certainly can’t be referring to the Leftist Party? This is the party that controls all of the federal government and are using it as weapon to harass citizens and label concerned parents as domestic terrorists. The party trying to pack the Supreme Court for their own benefit. The party trying to federalize state and local elections for their own benefit. The party trying to turn a Republic into an one-party authoritarian ruled state.

You can’t be referring to that party? Nah, no way you’re referring to the Leftist Party.
Don't worry, Howie is just pretending to think voter ID laws are the antithesis to democracy. I know, it's really stupid. He knows it is too, he doesn't really believe it.

Wally

Reaction score
You just said we shouldn't hold any guilt because of the acts committed by people who are a similar shade of pink of our ancestors. Now, you're limiting my lack of guilt to only this one reason. Strange. It's almost like you don't mean the words you type.
What is this word salad?

I believe what I type. I never said I have a perfect plan tho.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

We aren’t very good at these things. Sleep comfortably.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
What is this word salad?

I believe what I type. I never said I have a perfect plan tho.
No, you don't believe what you type. You said that I shouldn't feel any guilt towards things done by my ancestors. You have now pivoted, that I should ONLY not have that guilt when it comes to the context of immigration. I know. . . that's nonsensical. My point is that you still want people to feel guilty from things done by their ancestors but not to take credit for those things. You're a hyporite. You don't believe the words you type.

As far as the word salad, give it another read and let me know if you still need help.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
We aren’t very good at these things. Sleep comfortably.
Part of this is the same reason why Republicans can't get things done.

A large portion of American politics is the WWF. Many of the things lefties want, the donors of their politicians do not. The exact same thing can be said about Republicans.

Part of it is ineptitude, part of it is intentional.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Part of this is the same reason why Republicans can't get things done.

A large portion of American politics is the WWF. Many of the things lefties want, the donors of their politicians do not. The exact same thing can be said about Republicans.

Part of it is ineptitude, part of it is intentional.
This might be my favorite post of yours.

Wally

Reaction score
No, you don't believe what you type. You said that I shouldn't feel any guilt towards things done by my ancestors. You have now pivoted, that I should ONLY not have that guilt when it comes to the context of immigration. I know. . . that's nonsensical. My point is that you still want people to feel guilty from things done by their ancestors but not to take credit for those things. You're a hyporite. You don't believe the words you type.

As far as the word salad, give it another read and let me know if you still need help.
The current situation in most of their countries is fucked up because of the things we have done and politicians we elected. Current and in your life.

I don't know how ancestors have any relevance to this conversation...

Angry

Reaction score
You called out my job again, take a drink! You couldn't afford me, that's not a big pat to my back you can't afford much. What do you do for a living? Lets add each other on Linkedin and compare :)

I don't have an issue with non-white illegals, I have an issue with illegal immigrants. Remember, I pointed out the Indians dip shit. I don't give a sh!t where the legal programmer comes from, Denmark, India, Nigeria, Asia. I have no issue where the person comes from. Also, you don't know what the trope means.

I'm vaxxed and wore a mask, swing and a miss again dipsh!t.

On to your last paragraph, yes, we are at a HIGHER level of foreign born Americans than we were after the Civil War. You know, that time around ~10% of American men were wiped off the face of the earth? So yes, I'd be 100% for bringing in people (legally of course) if 10% of working aged males suddenly died tomorrow.

Keep bringing up my job though, I wear it as a badge of honor. It's essentially like you kissing my feet.
I’m calling a flag on the play. Jammer is in the low 60’s IQ level. Fight fair.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The empty shelves were seeing coming out of California are the results of California's version of the "Green New Deal". There are so many problems packed into it that this was inevitable, and predicted by just about everyone with a brain.

The rules outlawed over half the semi-trucks in the country for being too old/not fuel efficient enough. New semi-trucks are incredibly expensive, and since all semis will have to be electric by I believe 2030, what's the point? Remember the 'gig worker' law in California that most assocciated with Uber/Amazon? Turns out half the truckers in the country are independent operators who run loads for big companies. Those have been outlawed now in California as well.

It's been building up for some time, and only becoming noticeable now. It's like a ship taking on water. At first it's hard to notice, but once the vessel becomes water-logged, it sinks quickly.

Now add to it the longshoremen and crane operators staging a sick-out, to protest the ridiculous Vaxx mandates, and we've got a problem that is intensifying, and won't be going away anytime soon.

Also, buy your Xmas presents now! If the Biden Admin continues on with this insane Vaxx mandate, things will get much, much worse. Were already seeing commercial airline pilots across the country staging sick-outs, which are grinding air traffic to a crawl, and you can expect the same dynamic to occur with air freight as well. It won't just be Southwest, American, Alaska, & Spirit pilots who shut things down over these Vax mandates, but soon UPS, FedEx, Amazon pilots will do the same. I have friends in management at US Foods, and they say their drivers are going to walk when the Vax mandates begin. How about UPS/Fedex/Amazon drivers all staging sick-outs the month before Xmas? You think that can't happen? How about when owner operator truck drivers decide they will simply not deliver to Blue states/cities that enforce this madness? Prepare yourselves, there's a storm brewing.

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
In the trucking industry, there isn't a driver shortage. There's a wage shortage, and it's been that way for a lot longer than just 2020.

Our survey found that the average short-haul driver working at the Port of Seattle is an owner-operator who works eleven hours a day and earns $31,341 per year. He has no health benefits or retirement plan. He is 43 years old, married with children, has been working as a truck driver for five years, and he’s seriously thinking about getting into some other line of work. He drives an eleven-year-old rig, and does not earn enough to purchase a newer truck or retrofit his current truck to decrease emissions and increase safety. Fifty-two percent of drivers surveyed are white, 54% were born outside of the U.S. Forty-four percent of drivers speak a language other than English at home.

Wally

Reaction score
Remember the 'gig worker' law in California that most assocciated with Uber/Amazon? Turns out half the truckers in the country are independent operators who run loads for big companies. Those have been outlawed now in California as well.
Got overturned, try to keep up.🙄

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The empty shelves were seeing coming out of California are the results of California's version of the "Green New Deal". There are so many problems packed into it that this was inevitable, and predicted by just about everyone with a brain.

The rules outlawed over half the semi-trucks in the country for being too old/not fuel efficient enough. New semi-trucks are incredibly expensive, and since all semis will have to be electric by I believe 2030, what's the point? Remember the 'gig worker' law in California that most assocciated with Uber/Amazon? Turns out half the truckers in the country are independent operators who run loads for big companies. Those have been outlawed now in California as well.

It's been building up for some time, and only becoming noticeable now. It's like a ship taking on water. At first it's hard to notice, but once the vessel becomes water-logged, it sinks quickly.

Now add to it the longshoremen and crane operators staging a sick-out, to protest the ridiculous Vaxx mandates, and we've got a problem that is intensifying, and won't be going away anytime soon.

Also, buy your Xmas presents now! If the Biden Admin continues on with this insane Vaxx mandate, things will get much, much worse. Were already seeing commercial airline pilots across the country staging sick-outs, which are grinding air traffic to a crawl, and you can expect the same dynamic to occur with air freight as well. It won't just be Southwest, American, Alaska, & Spirit pilots who shut things down over these Vax mandates, but soon UPS, FedEx, Amazon pilots will do the same. I have friends in management at US Foods, and they say their drivers are going to walk when the Vax mandates begin. How about UPS/Fedex/Amazon drivers all staging sick-outs the month before Xmas? You think that can't happen? How about when owner operator truck drivers decide they will simply not deliver to Blue states/cities that enforce this madness? Prepare yourselves, there's a storm brewing.
Some people really enjoy writing fiction.

They just do. And if they can make it seem close-ish to something that could be true, all the more enjoyment.

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Wow they had to dig deep for this cherry picked data.
It still doesn't change the fact that the weak link in the supply chain is grossly underpaid with no relief in sight.

Top Bottom