R U Seeing Any Shortages?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
If Texas goes blue, it has little/nothing to do with illegals voting, versus the growth in the legal Hispanic population and migration from CA etc. Why is it sinister for the Dems to try and win it?
As usual the “barrister” is making up BS to justify his rampant amorality. In Tejas right now, 9 legal Hispanic babies are born for ever white one - Ds are taking ~2/3 of Hispanic vote per the last three elections , so the math is in their favor- even a lawyer can’t object to it. Additionally the folks emigrating there are mostly liberal, per my friend whose a native of Big D.

Bob is now furiously searching Westlaw to see if he can find a legal precedent to sterilize Hispanic woman. He’s a helluva guy.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
It is strictly a political play. The leftists are perfectly fine with having an open Texas southern border because it aligns with their political aspirations to flood the state with people they think will vote for Leftist Party candidates.

The leftists didn’t feel the same about potential Cuban refugees that might have tried to make their way to Florida this past summer. Wonder why that is? 🤔
Mexican food > Cuban food.
Naturally a coastal elite had to explain it to your Applebees keister

howeda7

Reaction score
Our Board ("You Can't Afford Me!!") Barrister has a lot of opinions on this subject! First of all, it's great that the barrister likes Indian and Mexican food and he speaks a little Spanish. That means he's not a racist. It also means he can bloviate in more than one language while jamming "stinky" food in his face, so that's good.

Calling non white illegals parasites while the name caller claiming he would do the same if a programmer from Denmark entered the country illegally is a tired trope. It's bullshit. I've never heard of a white immigrant (legal or illegal) referred to as a parasite. The Latino community (illegal and legal) generally is very economically productive.

If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we should discuss all of the donald states that receive far more federal tax dollars than they pay contribute to the treasury. Nine of the top ten "takers" are donald states. If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we can discuss the millions of donalds who refuse to get vaxxed and refuse to mask up. The have caused massive economic disruptions. As our Barrister says, "It's the disregard for the rule of law in unprecedented numbers."

Speaking of unprecedented numbers, lets talk about precedent numbers. We aren't in "brand new territory" of foreign born Americans. In 1900 14% of the country was foreign born. Using the Barrister's number, today it's 14.5%. Finally, like the post Civil War period, we do need the bodies now. The demographics are highly unfavorable as the country is aging rapidly and more and more jobs go unfilled.
Perhaps we need to make legal immigration far easier. One party is dead set against that and no longer even bothering to hide the reason why.

Section2

Reaction score
Our Board ("You Can't Afford Me!!") Barrister has a lot of opinions on this subject! First of all, it's great that the barrister likes Indian and Mexican food and he speaks a little Spanish. That means he's not a racist. It also means he can bloviate in more than one language while jamming "stinky" food in his face, so that's good.

Calling non white illegals parasites while the name caller claiming he would do the same if a programmer from Denmark entered the country illegally is a tired trope. It's bullshit. I've never heard of a white immigrant (legal or illegal) referred to as a parasite. The Latino community (illegal and legal) generally is very economically productive.

If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we should discuss all of the donald states that receive far more federal tax dollars than they pay contribute to the treasury. Nine of the top ten "takers" are donald states. If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we can discuss the millions of donalds who refuse to get vaxxed and refuse to mask up. The have caused massive economic disruptions. As our Barrister says, "It's the disregard for the rule of law in unprecedented numbers."

Speaking of unprecedented numbers, lets talk about precedent numbers. We aren't in "brand new territory" of foreign born Americans. In 1900 14% of the country was foreign born. Using the Barrister's number, today it's 14.5%. Finally, like the post Civil War period, we do need the bodies now. The demographics are highly unfavorable as the country is aging rapidly and more and more jobs go unfilled.
All of the programs that make Donald states, “takers” are Democrat programs. So repeal them if they’re so unfair. You won’t get any complaints from us. But you don’t really want to, you just want to whine about it.

we don’t need more bodies. We need less government subsidies. We need less govt incentive to not work. Less govt incentive to go to college for worthless degrees.

bga1

Reaction score
Social Security for sure.
So if you have that one social safety net program that you admit is exploding- why did they then add Obamacare and now a host of others being proposed? Does that seem responsible? Overspending on a current budget is bad enough and Trump with the help of congress did that. Overspending by creating permanent programs that will repeat unendingly, is really what will kill us.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
So if you have that one social safety net program that you admit is exploding- why did they then add Obamacare and now a host of others being proposed? Does that seem responsible? Overspending on a current budget is bad enough and Trump with the help of congress did that. Overspending by creating permanent programs that will repeat unendingly, is really what will kill us.
I’ll posit this. If having a Republican President and a Republican majority could not repeal Obama care, and could not result in a balanced budget, why should we try that again?
It is a race to give goodies to different people at this point. It isn’t a choice between financial sanity and recklessness. It’s just whose ox is being gored and who gets free stuff.

Section2

Reaction score
I’ll posit this. If having a Republican President and a Republican majority could not repeal Obama care, and could not result in a balanced budget, why should we try that again?
It is a race to give goodies to different people at this point. It isn’t a choice between financial sanity and recklessness. It’s just whose ox is being gored and who gets free stuff.
100% correct, but you aren’t forced to vote for more of it.

jamiche

Reaction score
All of the programs that make Donald states, “takers” are Democrat programs. So repeal them if they’re so unfair. You won’t get any complaints from us. But you don’t really want to, you just want to whine about it.

we don’t need more bodies. We need less government subsidies. We need less govt incentive to not work. Less govt incentive to go to college for worthless degrees.
Surprise us one day, melvee, and sell your little pony that only knows one trick. I don't think heavy, wasteful defense spending, which is really just the world's largest taxpayer funded jobs program, is a dem program. Many, many repub admns and congresses have had a chance to get rid of medicare and social security. Didn't do it.

Actually, we do need more younger bodies. Look at the demographics. Once you graduate from high school, even you will be able to find work.

If you would surprise us occasionally, it might be a challenge.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

You called out my job again, take a drink! You couldn't afford me, that's not a big pat to my back you can't afford much. What do you do for a living? Lets add each other on Linkedin and compare :)

I don't have an issue with non-white illegals, I have an issue with illegal immigrants. Remember, I pointed out the Indians dip shit. I don't give a sh!t where the legal programmer comes from, Denmark, India, Nigeria, Asia. I have no issue where the person comes from. Also, you don't know what the trope means.

I'm vaxxed and wore a mask, swing and a miss again dipsh!t.

On to your last paragraph, yes, we are at a HIGHER level of foreign born Americans than we were after the Civil War. You know, that time around ~10% of American men were wiped off the face of the earth? So yes, I'd be 100% for bringing in people (legally of course) if 10% of working aged males suddenly died tomorrow.

Keep bringing up my job though, I wear it as a badge of honor. It's essentially like you kissing my feet.

howeda7

Reaction score
It isn’t a choice between financial sanity and recklessness. It’s just whose ox is being gored and who gets free stuff.
Yep. Which leaves the choice between the party that still believes in democracy and the one that doesn't.

golf

Reaction score
How is that fucking people over? They get to come to your country, work and get paid. In what planet would that be screwing people over? I lived abroad for about 2 years on a work visa and it was perfect for me. No one is getting screwed over there.

IF they are good enough to do our jobs, they are good enough to get paid. Why should they be citizens? Just admit that the entire discussion is based upon you wanting votes.

We know you have no problem making anyone a legal citizen. You've made that abundantly clear. Usually, you at least have the integrity to just admit that flooding the country with immigrants is your thing. Today, you're choosing to pretend that it is reasonable because of job shortages.

There is a thing called a work visa. We should use more of them.

100%. If the immigrants were republican voters dems would be building a wall. All about gaining voters for dems, nothing else. Saw this play out with cubans, mayorkas would've deployed carriers if necessary to keep them away.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
So, given the above, why the strong preference for guest workers versus new citizens? I’m not trying to badger you, by the way, the above was well written.
I don’t, by the way, favor illegal immigration. I do think we could take in a lot more people legally than we do now.
I'm fine with guest workers becoming legal citizens eventually.

I am for the guest worker route for the same reason we would in our normal lives. You often hire someone on a probationary period. Before you and your spouse buy a house together, you often share an apartment. Citizens also bring with them burdens on the country (all of us do). If it doesn't work out, it's now our problem when all we did was offering the person a job.

For me, it's the equivalent of like needing someone to help you build a fence. You can find a person, offer them money for building the fence, offer them hospitality while they are there (water, breaks, shelter, lunch) but you don't just say - "hey, you'll build the fence, do you and your family want to move in forever?" The bargain of work for money becomes incredibly lopsided.

Idiots like JamJam and GopherNYC are too stupid to understand and Howie is still pretending to not be able to wrap his head around a pretty simple idea. It's an idea that America's priority should be for Americans. Poor Americans who are disproportionately people of color have carried the burden of America not prioritized Americans.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
From the spoiled American, just reeking of privledge. Give me a break.
I lived in another country and I followed their rules. Were those brown people who invited me to live there spoiled and privileged? Or does that only apply to white people?

I'm beginning to think you think all brown people are poor.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'm fine with guest workers becoming legal citizens eventually.

I am for the guest worker route for the same reason we would in our normal lives. You often hire someone on a probationary period. Before you and your spouse buy a house together, you often share an apartment. Citizens also bring with them burdens on the country (all of us do). If it doesn't work out, it's now our problem when all we did was offering the person a job.

For me, it's the equivalent of like needing someone to help you build a fence. You can find a person, offer them money for building the fence, offer them hospitality while they are there (water, breaks, shelter, lunch) but you don't just say - "hey, you'll build the fence, do you and your family want to move in forever?" The bargain of work for money becomes incredibly lopsided.

Idiots like JamJam and GopherNYC are too stupid to understand and Howie is still pretending to not be able to wrap his head around a pretty simple idea. It's an idea that America's priority should be for Americans. Poor Americans who are disproportionately people of color have carried the burden of America not prioritized Americans.
Thanks for responding. My bride was a guest worker in New Zealand. Lovely place. You and I would have to post a pretty high bond to be a citizen there. Almost to the point where it is a flag of convenience to the ostracized wealthy.
Without borders and selective immigration you have no sovereignty. I do wonder if we are being unnecessarily restrictive. We could be more compassionate and have a boost from grateful new citizens.

Wally

Reaction score
We can stall it if we stop them from voting...
The demographic time bomb has to do with the age of our workers and our economy going into decline in we don't have more workers. Who is going to wipe the butts of all of us who want to retire at 55/60?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Lol. Easy to say when you can always come back here.
It's just easy to say in general because it's absolute fact.

There have always been places that had considerably more than I had. I didn't grow up with much money at all, I didn't walk to the rich areas and steal from people. Plenty of people do it, but they're sh!tty people.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The demographic time bomb has to do with the age of our workers and our economy going into decline in we don't have more workers. Who is going to wipe the butts of all of us who want to retire at 55/60?
That sounds like perfect timing considering the amount of jobs that will be lost to automation.

The demographic "time bomb" would have been a godsend. Now it's the excuse stupid people use to shill for large corporations and get as much cheap labor into the US as possible.

Congrats on doing your part to keep wages as low as possible. The non-white Americans, who are disproportionately impacted by your guilt-ridden shilling, will enjoy the stagnation of their wages. Thank god you're just dumb enough to think you're helping.

Wally

Reaction score
It's just easy to say in general because it's absolute fact.

There have always been places that had considerably more than I had. I didn't grow up with much money at all, I didn't walk to the rich areas and steal from people. Plenty of people do it, but they're sh!tty people.
Illegal immigrants in general work their ass off and get shit on, they aren't stealing.

I didn't come from money, my parents gave me a clothes, food and maybe a couple grand for college and that's it. I never expected anything from them and I started working at 12 so I had my own money.

Top Bottom