R U Seeing Any Shortages?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It's strange that you would think he should be embarrassed for being against that. He said the loud part out-loud.

Anyone who isn't consumed with self-loathing is openly against importing in the third world to win an election. Almost every country agrees with this idea, even our enlightened friends in Europe. In Asia, they'd laugh you out of the room for thinking someone would be embarrassed for not wanting immigrants to enter the country to vote.
It may not be a strictly political play. It might be part of the ideal of being a beacon for the world, instead of F off we’re full. It’s scary when a bunch of people show up who speak funny languages and eat stinky food, but they probably aren’t any more parasitic than the people we see in our family tree. There were established people scared of them, and they were wrong. We have jobs, we do the right thing. If you don’t think immigrants granted political power in your ancestors’ day, you don’t know history.
If you have the myth the new immigrants don’t assimilate like your people did, I will tell you I am 54. My maternal grandparents spoke Norwegian at home. I lived in a town where in the late 70s we still had German monoglots.
The country will change if we allow newcomers, but it won’t be something that has never happened before, and when it has happened it has made us better, in my opinion.

scools12

Reaction score
It may not be a strictly political play.
It is strictly a political play. The leftists are perfectly fine with having an open Texas southern border because it aligns with their political aspirations to flood the state with people they think will vote for Leftist Party candidates.

The leftists didn’t feel the same about potential Cuban refugees that might have tried to make their way to Florida this past summer. Wonder why that is? 🤔

LesBolstad

Reaction score
It may not be a strictly political play. It might be part of the ideal of being a beacon for the world, instead of F off we’re full. It’s scary when a bunch of people show up who speak funny languages and eat stinky food, but they probably aren’t any more parasitic than the people we see in our family tree. There were established people scared of them, and they were wrong. We have jobs, we do the right thing. If you don’t think immigrants granted political power in your ancestors’ day, you don’t know history.
If you have the myth the new immigrants don’t assimilate like your people did, I will tell you I am 54. My maternal grandparents spoke Norwegian at home. I lived in a town where in the late 70s we still had German monoglots.
The country will change if we allow newcomers, but it won’t be something that has never happened before, and when it has happened it has made us better, in my opinion.

Anyone who read this is dumber for having done so. Just loony leftist retarded garbage.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It is strictly a political play. The leftists are perfectly fine with having an open Texas southern border because it aligns with their political aspirations to flood the state with people they think will vote for Leftist Party candidates.

The leftists didn’t feel the same about potential Cuban refugees that might have tried to make their way to Florida this past summer. Wonder why that is? 🤔
I GUESS WE ARE FULL. I SUPPOSE WE MIGHT GET PROGRAMMERS FROM DENMARK OR SUMMTIN.

Wally

Reaction score

Republicans think everyone is just as big of an ahole as they are...

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
We have a demographic time bomb. It isn’t a lefty plot to point this out,

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
They want to follow Japans path and let China take over as top dog.
You mean the Japan that has an astronomically better standard of living than China.

Also - China has a super strict immigration policy.

Wally

Reaction score
You mean the Japan that has an astronomically better standard of living than China.

Also - China has a super strict immigration policy.
Japan is basically dying out and deflation for decades. All under our protection.

Great goals...

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
A leech lives off a powerful and strong host. The settlers were a lot of things, a leech is not one of them.
A lot to unpack here. Settlers did compete for resources with indigenous people. Whatever subtraction you imagine today was true before. The gumption you imagine the settlers had, isn’t special, the people wanting in now have that as well. The only other explanation is this. “The people already here were not optimizing, so we were justified in taking what we did to make things better, and anyone who comes after is a thief”

kg21

Reaction score
A leech lives off a powerful and strong host. The settlers were a lot of things, a leech is not one of them.
Bob, you aren't allowing them to be funny and switch the topic. You know, yet another topic they want nothing to do with and have absolutely nothing to say.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Bob, you aren't allowing them to be funny and switch the topic. You know, yet another topic they want nothing to do with and have absolutely nothing to say.
List “them”

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It's cool you're not intellectually capable of really having this conversation. You're essentially calling me racist because I'm against illegal immigration and I get it, it's really all you have.

So lets break down your nonsense:
I'm 100% cool with the much stinkier food arriving in the US from our Indian immigrants who arrive to the country through legal processes. I actually much prefer Mexican food to Irish, German, or even Italian. So it's not the frijoles that bothers me.

I am actually fluent in Spanish, so while the noises coming from most of our illegal immigrants might seem exotic and strange to you, it's just another language to me. So it's not their language that bothers me.

As far as not being parasitic, you're dead wrong. They are uninvited guests. They are breaking the law. By definition, they are parasitic. My ancestors came here legally. If you're going to write a paragraph about immigration and ignore the difference between legal and illegal immigration, you're just typing flowery meaningless words. The fact that they came here illegally is what makes them parasitic, not their ethnicity.

I also don't care about assimilation. I don't care if certain groups would prefer the company of their group. That sort of stuff should never be mandated, but if Indian Americans want to hang out, eat paneer, and speak their language - go right ahead. You'll never hear me complain that people don't assimilate. It doesn't bother me when Chicanos speak Spanish to each other or if I have to listen closely to understand someone speaking in an accent.

As far as it never happening before, you simply don't know what you're talking about. The foreign born population is about 48 million people in 2020, it'll be around 65 million in 2040. At the height of the wave of Irish and Germans arriving to America, we hit around 12-13 million. We are close to the all time high (post-Civil War) of % of Americans being foreign born. It was so high post Civil War because SO many Americans died, we needed the bodies. Now when you take into account the fact that the overwhelming vast majority of immigrants in 1890 came her legally (compared to today), we are in brand new territory.

I get it's a territory you've been taught to enjoy and I know that others will pussy foot around calling me a racist because of this post, but it's not the cilantro and salsa that pisses some Americans off. It's the disregard for our rule of law and the unprecedented numbers.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
A lot to unpack here. Settlers did compete for resources with indigenous people. Whatever subtraction you imagine today was true before. The gumption you imagine the settlers had, isn’t special, the people wanting in now have that as well. The only other explanation is this. “The people already here were not optimizing, so we were justified in taking what we did to make things better, and anyone who comes after is a thief”
I said they weren't leeches. It's not a ton to unpack. A leech will cling onto a host (usually hidden) and hope the host survives while sucking the blood.

The settlers certainly didn't do that. They took the host, quartered it, carved it up and served it. They weren't parasitic, they were predators.

I never said that immigrants didn't have gumption. They certainly don't have the same kind of gumption that the settlers to the new world had - - that's an idiotic take, but they have gumption. You realize the settlers got on a boat to a foreign land (to never communicate with their homeland again), fought a bloody war with the Indians, and then literally settled the land? I will give the immigrants the props that they have more gumption than most Americans, they don't have the gumption of the settlers though. That's f'n insane.

I don't really care if the people here were optimizing the land or not. Unfortunately for them, they lost a bloody war. It's not a nice thing but it's happened every where in human history, including here before we showed up.

How'd that mass immigration to the New World work out for the Indians?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
No it doesn't.
You are no better than them.
And that has nothing to do with race.
Yes, it does. Being some place you are not allowed to get things you want is parasitic.

I might not be better than them, but I am a much better guest than them. I stayed for as long as they wanted, I didn't cry that the citizens had more rights than me, and then I left when my work permit expired. I respected the country I lived. Entering another country illegally is a sh!tty and parasitic thing to do.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It's cool you're not intellectually capable of really having this conversation. You're essentially calling me racist because I'm against illegal immigration and I get it, it's really all you have.

I'm 100% cool with the much stinkier food arriving in the US from our Indian immigrants who arrive to the country through legal processes. I actually much prefer Mexican food to Irish, German, or even Italian. So it's not the frijoles that bothers me.

I am actually fluent in Spanish, so while the noises coming from most of our illegal immigrants might seem exotic and strange to you, it's just another language to me. So it's not their language that bothers me.

As far as not being parasitic, you're dead wrong. They are uninvited guests. They are breaking the law. By definition, they are parasitic. My ancestors came here legally. If you're going to write a paragraph about immigration and ignore the difference between legal and illegal immigration, you're just typing flowery meaningless words. The fact that they came here illegally is what makes them parasitic, not their ethnicity.

I also don't care about assimilation. I don't care if certain groups would prefer the company of their group. That sort of stuff should never be mandated, but if Indian Americans want to hang out, eat paneer, and speak their language - go right ahead. You'll never hear me complain that people don't assimilate. It doesn't bother me when Chicanos speak Spanish to each other or if I have to listen closely to understand someone speaking in an accent.

As far as it never happening before, you simply don't know what you're talking about. The foreign born population is about 48 million people in 2020, it'll be around 65 million in 2040. At the height of the wave of Irish and Germans arriving to America, we hit around 12-13 million. We are close to the all time high (post-Civil War) of % of Americans being foreign born. It was so high post Civil War because SO many Americans died, we needed the bodies. Now when you take into account the fact that the overwhelming vast majority of immigrants in 1890 came her legally (compared to today), we are in brand new territory.

I get it's a territory you've been taught to enjoy and I know that others will pussy foot around calling me a racist because of this post, but it's not the cilantro and salsa that pisses some Americans off. It's the disregard for our rule of law and the unprecedented numbers.
So, given the above, why the strong preference for guest workers versus new citizens? I’m not trying to badger you, by the way, the above was well written.
I don’t, by the way, favor illegal immigration. I do think we could take in a lot more people legally than we do now.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
The Bakken oil fields don’t stay open long under 60$ per barrel but it’s been over that benchmark for over 8 months.
Great example, since no one went to western North Dakota during the oil boom. No one!

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is it’s much harder for a business to get a semiconductor ISO than it is say a medical ISO (you know shit that actually goes in your body) just need government to get out of way.
:rolleyes:

The biggest semiconductor manufacturers in the world are quickly trying to build new factories as the global chip crisis continues to wreak havoc on a plethora of industries.

U.S. semiconductor giant Intel announced in March that it plans to spend $20 billion on two new chip plants in Arizona. Separately, TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) said it was going to build a $12 billion factory in Arizona, and chief executive C.C. Wei said Wednesday that construction had already begun.

jamiche

Reaction score

Our Board ("You Can't Afford Me!!") Barrister has a lot of opinions on this subject! First of all, it's great that the barrister likes Indian and Mexican food and he speaks a little Spanish. That means he's not a racist. It also means he can bloviate in more than one language while jamming "stinky" food in his face, so that's good.

Calling non white illegals parasites while the name caller claiming he would do the same if a programmer from Denmark entered the country illegally is a tired trope. It's bullshit. I've never heard of a white immigrant (legal or illegal) referred to as a parasite. The Latino community (illegal and legal) generally is very economically productive.

If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we should discuss all of the donald states that receive far more federal tax dollars than they pay contribute to the treasury. Nine of the top ten "takers" are donald states. If you want to talk about systemic parasites, we can discuss the millions of donalds who refuse to get vaxxed and refuse to mask up. The have caused massive economic disruptions. As our Barrister says, "It's the disregard for the rule of law in unprecedented numbers."

Speaking of unprecedented numbers, lets talk about precedent numbers. We aren't in "brand new territory" of foreign born Americans. In 1900 14% of the country was foreign born. Using the Barrister's number, today it's 14.5%. Finally, like the post Civil War period, we do need the bodies now. The demographics are highly unfavorable as the country is aging rapidly and more and more jobs go unfilled.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
From the spoiled American, just reeking of privledge. Give me a break.

Privelege that has been earned with generations of blood, innovation, grit, faith and now money to fund the welfare state. Those are nothing to fucking modern leftist elites and their moron minions that rapidly fall in line with emotional propaganda. Only power matters.

Top Bottom