R U Seeing Any Shortages?

Wally

Reaction score
when people demand that the immigrant workers also become citizens, it really starts to feel like it's not about filling the jobs.
Could it just be that you don't believe in fucking people over?

If they are good enough to do our shit jobs, they are good enough to be citizens?

My first girlfriend was from Korea, her dad had his own Geological Engineering company in Korea, he lost everything in the Asian financial crisis in the 90's. Her parents immigrated to the US, they got their green cards by working two years in a poultry processing plant, some kind of shady deal but whatever it is what it is. I have no problem making workers "legal" and it has nothing to do with votes, it has to do with morals.

Section2

Reaction score
Get them all from Catholic countries and show them pictures of aborted babies. Free advice.
That might work. But the other side controls the schools and most of the media and entertainment. So your strategy might be tough to pull off.

Wally

Reaction score
Do you know what that phrase means? Do you really think no one was complaining about this stuff at the time?

Give your head a shake.
Just about every country on the planet did the same, scream and cry all you want. It ain't going to change anything.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It will all be controlled in a control room with one man and one dog. The man is there to feed the dog, and the dog is trained to bite the man if he touches anything.
Step 1: Pay the man to not feed the dog
Step 2: Flood the room with goat herders who will feed the dog, in exchange for them voting for more money for the man not feeding the dog.
Result: The dog is fed, the man is just comfortable enough to complain that things aren't fair, the room is full of goat herders whose kids can grow up to be the man being paid to not feed the dog.

Utopia.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Wallace- take a break. You're going all MplsGopher psycho again replying to every thread in rapid fire.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't think we have enough people who want to work. Even with zero government subsidies. I predict this labor shortage is something you will hear about for many years unless the economy crashes and burns.

Look at everyone celebrating retirement at 55, they must hate America.🤣
How do people not work, get no government help, and survive? Math doesn’t check out.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Just about every country on the planet did the same, scream and cry all you want.
I'm not screaming and crying. I'm simply pointing out what an idiotic thing to call people Monday Morning Quarterbacks who you also mocked at the time of the lockdowns. You can disagree with Beeg all you want, but he surely wasn't a Monday Morning Quarterback on this topic.

Again, give that big ole empty head a shake.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
How do people not work, get no government help, and survive? Math doesn’t check out.
Yes, if this sort of utopia existed then Wally would be for cutting all social welfare. If everyone could really survive without work or government help, it would be pointless. My guess is that Wally wouldn't be for cutting all social welfare.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Why does there need to be fewer barriers to becoming a legal citizen? I agree that we should permit more work visas, that would be mutually beneficial to both the worker and the state. I'm not saying this is you, but when people demand that the immigrant workers also become citizens, it really starts to feel like it's not about filling the jobs.

As far as barriers to becoming a legal citizen, there might not have ever been a country with fewer barriers to becoming a legal citizen. The largest barrier is the uncontrolled illegal immigration, it leaves a bad taste.
I'm not sure what you mean with that last sentence after the comma. People would suspect legal immigrants who speak Spanish were illegal, for example?

Wally

Reaction score
Parents, inheritance, sugar daddy, sugar mommy, drug dealer I could probably go on.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Could it just be that you don't believe in fucking people over?

If they are good enough to do our shit jobs, they are good enough to be citizens?

My first girlfriend was from Korea, her dad had his own Geological Engineering company in Korea, he lost everything in the Asian financial crisis in the 90's. Her parents immigrated to the US, they got their green cards by working two years in a poultry processing plant, some kind of shady deal but whatever it is what it is. I have no problem making workers "legal" and it has nothing to do with votes, it has to do with morals.
How is that fucking people over? They get to come to your country, work and get paid. In what planet would that be screwing people over? I lived abroad for about 2 years on a work visa and it was perfect for me. No one is getting screwed over there.

IF they are good enough to do our jobs, they are good enough to get paid. Why should they be citizens? Just admit that the entire discussion is based upon you wanting votes.

We know you have no problem making anyone a legal citizen. You've made that abundantly clear. Usually, you at least have the integrity to just admit that flooding the country with immigrants is your thing. Today, you're choosing to pretend that it is reasonable because of job shortages.

There is a thing called a work visa. We should use more of them.

Reactions: SDR

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean with that last sentence after the comma. People would suspect legal immigrants who speak Spanish were illegal, for example?
No, because there is so much illegal immigration, legal immigration has become increasingly less popular.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Parents, inheritance, sugar daddy, sugar mommy, drug dealer I could probably go on.

Are you for cutting all social welfare to anyone who isn't disabled?

Seems like you might have solved a trillion dollar dilemma.

Wally

Reaction score
IF they are good enough to do our jobs, they are good enough to get paid. Why should they be citizens? Just admit that the entire discussion is based upon you wanting votes.

If they want to be citizens and they want to work I am fine with it, nothing to do with votes.

Has to do with morals. I don't care if you don't make them voting citizens, give them all the rights of citizens without citizenship, that is acceptable to me. Including the right not to be deported. Perfect compromise in my mind.

Wally

Reaction score
Are you for cutting all social welfare to anyone who isn't disabled?

Seems like you might have solved a trillion dollar dilemma.
Why take care of disabled people?
Feed them to the sharks...
Along with EVERYONE under 65 who refuses to work 40 hours a week. Why not?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Why take care of disabled people?
Feed them to the sharks...
You're not going to answer the question?

Because I'm 100% for taking care of Americans who cannot take care of themselves. I wish we would do more for the disabled.

As to able Americans, I think they should work.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The supply line problems in California are causing significant problems. The California legislature created new trucking regulations that have effectively cut off many truckers from working in California. Therefore ships wait off shore to have cargo unloaded because there aren't enough trucks to move the goods. We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and our tiling is on board a ship waiting outside LA. We have a refrigerator on back order because parts are in short supply.
The liberals in California have shot the supply line in the foot and they don't care. Consequently, inflation will continue to rise as demand outstrips supply...a problem that could have been avoided, but nimrods in California missed their Econ 1000 class.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
If they want to be citizens and they want to work I am fine with it, nothing to do with votes.

Has to do with morals. I don't care if you don't make them voting citizens, give them all the rights of citizens without citizenship, that is acceptable to me. Including the right not to be deported. Perfect compromise in my mind.
Oh, so exactly what I talked about? They should be able to live here and work on work visas. I would even be fine with some sort of accelerated system of renewing their visas and allowing them to use the social security that they paid in.

As far as not being able to be deported, well yeah, if they are on visa they wouldn't be deported. They would be invited guests.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Been hearing that coffee shortage may be up next. Now that would be an issue for a lot of people 😬.

I think nation wide productivity shortage would be a fast follower.
Now that would be a big headache for me. 🤕

MennoSota

Reaction score
Chinese tile, you traitor...😎
Who knows. At this point, I call our companies to come back home and invite immigrants to work here. Let the US become the land of the free and the opportunity for all who want to work. For all who are able, but refuse to work, I say, "Canada welcomes you."

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Who knows. At this point, I call our companies to come back home and invite immigrants to work here. Let the US become the land of the free and the opportunity for all who want to work. For all who are able, but refuse to work, I say, "Canada welcomes you."
But Canada doesn't. They have a merit based immigration policy.

Wally

Reaction score
Oh, so exactly what I talked about? They should be able to live here and work on work visas. I would even be fine with some sort of accelerated system of renewing their visas and allowing them to use the social security that they paid in.

As far as not being able to be deported, well yeah, if they are on visa they wouldn't be deported. They would be invited guests.
Sure, as long as they can stay with no threat of deportation, maybe after say 2 years, I don't care if you give them voting rights as Republicans are scared to death of that boogieman.

I just don't agree with bringing people here, having them build a life and then just deporting them, that is evil imho.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Sure, as long as they can stay with no threat of deportation, maybe after say 2 years, I don't care if you give them voting rights as Republicans are scared to death of that boogieman.

I just don't agree with bringing people here, having them build a life and then just deporting them, that is evil imho.
It's not evil. It happens in every country around the world. People move to countries and work for years. When my work permit was up, I knew about it. I had two years to work and then left. I could have been extended, but I chose not to. Why is it only evil here?

If they want to stay permanently, the naturalization process should put those people at the very front of the line. They have proven to be hard working productive members of society and should be first in line to be US Citizens, if they so choose.

As far as it being the boogeyman votes, you're really blind. Democrats know this (they discuss it with glee). . . "Wait, Texas will go blue in 10 years". It's a real thing and an open part of the Democrats long term goal. They admit it. It's strange that they admit it while also pretending like Republicans are crazy for bringing it up.

Top Bottom