R U Seeing Any Shortages?

kg21

Reaction score
To the OP,

Yes, there are a lot of shortages.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Exactly. Capitalism maximizing profits at the expense of resilience. Crisis hits and it all blows up.
That may well be true, but nefarious conspiracy theories are much more compelling and entertaining.

Nax5

Reaction score
The same thing has been said about automation for the last 100+ years and always wrong. Only the job will change. You will just have a technician/ security onboard. Do you really think companies would allow loads unprotected let alone 300k trucks. With new tech you always need people to fix troubleshoot problems. The only benefit to automation in truck driving is hopefully safer more reliable movement of goods.
Not saying you in particular but people are so GD strange in what they think. Long haul, cross country on roads build specifically for that purpose - sure. Everything else? All goods move via truck. All of them. City, road, cross country and we may be able to automate driving in some form but how about loading and unloading. We'll need I Robot type smart robots for that kind of stuff. Repair, fuel, and so on and so on.
Truck automation wouldn't have even been a thought 100 years ago. But you're right. They will need a human co pilot for a while. And it will start on long haul. But if you think they won't automate the final mile, you're crazy. We are still in the early stages of AI and ML. I'm just telling you guys as someone in the industry - be ready for it.

Wally

Reaction score
Keep throwing out straw man arguments Wally. It is pretty much the only option you have left.
When you guys blame Biden for what is a worldwide phenomenon there isn't much else to do besides mock you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
When you guys blame Biden for what is a worldwide phenomenon there isn't much else to do besides mock you.
This has become your MO. I don't believe anyone has blamed Biden exclusively for worldwide shortages but since your theories have failed for months now you will try to pretend folks have.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
Semiconductor shortage.
When auto manufacturing shutdown all the chipmakers shifted to making chips for phones computers and electronics...
Most chips in cars are 30 year old technology and chipmakers are reluctant to produce outdated garbage.

Look at Tesla, they adapted to use the available chips on their cars, legacy markers haven't. I think the legacy makers are actually happy about this situation and not in a hurry to fix it. They are drunk on their pricing power.
I'm well aware of why there's a new car shortage. The OP stated that he hasn't seen any shortages and I pointed out what I think is the most obvious one!

stocker08

Reaction score
The only shortage that I've noticed is semiconductors. Obviously semiconductors are used in lots of products.....so.

And yes....Raising Cane's is pretty awesome. They really don't need the lobby open. I think it makes more sense for them to filter people through the drive through and put all their power there. Since they really only make chicken fingers and fries.....the line moves pretty well. Chick Fil A is also good. Don't see as many of those around though.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Paprika for one. Paprika may no longer exist!
No Goulash! And, planters dry roasted peanuts in the jar. Love those, and the magic is the paprika. But mostly Goulash. I think there is a half cup in one batch.

howeda7

Reaction score
Been hearing that coffee shortage may be up next. Now that would be an issue for a lot of people 😬.

I think nation wide productivity shortage would be a fast follower.
Yikes. That may cause riots...

howeda7

Reaction score
Help me understand Cane's. My kids love it, every kid I know loves it and some adults too. It's chicken strips with a bland mayonnaise like sauce. What am I missing?
Same for Chik-fil-a Popeye's etc. It's chicken strips. It's fine but I'm not sitting in a drive thru line for 45 minutes for it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yea that’s why 1000s of illegals are under a bridge in Texas. They’re all just looking for a job. Why else would they come here? It certainly can’t be for all the free stuff leftist nut jobs have promised them. 🙄
What free stuff is that?

howeda7

Reaction score
The idea that there are 1000s willing to live in their own feces in a puddle to get an EBT card and live in Cedar Square West is just as nuts. We have a higher percentage of native born gold bricks than economic migrants looking for a handout.
At some point, we are going to have to square the labor shortage with immigration policy.
Soon. People are hitting retirement age or retiring early in massive #'s. Ideally we would reform/open up legal immigration. But one party seems dead set against that.

Section2

Reaction score
And as we know, if 2 doesn't see it, it's not happening.
So you disagree. Hispanic immigrants aren’t busting their ass landscaping, roofing, and working in the restaurant industry. Odd argument but ok.

Section2

Reaction score
Soon. People are hitting retirement age or retiring early in massive #'s. Ideally we would reform/open up legal immigration. But one party seems dead set against that.
I think a lot of people would prefer to unwind the bad government policies causing the labor shortage than just ignore the cause and import millions of people who will vote for your opponents. Crazy I know.

Wally

Reaction score
Same for Chik-fil-a Popeye's etc. It's chicken strips. It's fine but I'm not sitting in a drive thru line for 45 minutes for it.
Chick-fil-A has the seasoning and Chick-fil-A sauce which beats all. That combo is just the best. I usually use the app and just go in and grab my bag, no lines nothing.

Wally

Reaction score
I think a lot of people would prefer to unwind the bad government policies causing the labor shortage than just ignore the cause and import millions of people who will vote for your opponents. Crazy I know.
I don't think we have enough people who want to work. Even with zero government subsidies. I predict this labor shortage is something you will hear about for many years unless the economy crashes and burns.

Look at everyone celebrating retirement at 55, they must hate America.🤣

scools12

Reaction score
You’re right the Leftist Party is dead set against immigration reform.

Why would leftists want to reform a system that allows illegals to simply walk across the border with the high probability of them becoming members of the Leftist Party voting base.

bga1

Reaction score
The idea that there are 1000s willing to live in their own feces in a puddle to get an EBT card and live in Cedar Square West is just as nuts. We have a higher percentage of native born gold bricks than economic migrants looking for a handout.
At some point, we are going to have to square the labor shortage with immigration policy.
If have an education system that forfeits standards for PC politics and then you raise people to think their school loans will get paid off that unemployment benefits will be high, that they will get free health care and that a universal basic income is on its way.... guess what....

you get more home grown goldbricks AND more immigrants that think they can come here and get taken care of as well.

Disaster.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Get them all from Catholic countries and show them pictures of aborted babies. Free advice.

Wally

Reaction score
If have an education system that forfeits standards for PC politics and then you raise people to think their school loans will get paid off that unemployment benefits will be high, that they will get free health care and that a universal basic income is on its way.... guess what....

you get more home grown goldbricks AND more immigrants that think they can come here and get taken care of as well.

Disaster.
If if if if
Imagination run wild.

bga1

Reaction score
Really?
Its worldwide. How could anyone have prevented it. I'm waiting...
I will give you the answer and you will still be waiting. You are the horse that won't drink.

The answer? No lockdowns, fear mongering or silly mandates. The world followed the Faucian/WHO fraud. No high unemployment benefits. Eliminate the emphasis on outsourcing and start making things here. This has been a long time in the making - the product of big government, big tax, big regulation that both parties to one degree or another have supported.

We could start today by resisting the garbage education system and insisting on higher standards. We can repatriate off shore dollars and encourage investment here at home. We can insist on a free and uncensored press that doesn't stupify the sheep.

Wally

Reaction score
The answer? No lockdowns, fear mongering or silly mandates. The world followed the Faucian/WHO fraud. No high unemployment benefits.

Monday morning quarterback...dime a dozen

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Unless we are okay with our economy shrinking in a very aggressive way, I'm open to more migration. Make it easier to become a citizen after a 3-5 probation period. Still against illegal immigration, but their needs to become fewer barriers to becoming a legal citizen.

Baby boomers dying is going to take away a lot of consumers.
Why does there need to be fewer barriers to becoming a legal citizen? I agree that we should permit more work visas, that would be mutually beneficial to both the worker and the state. I'm not saying this is you, but when people demand that the immigrant workers also become citizens, it really starts to feel like it's not about filling the jobs.

As far as barriers to becoming a legal citizen, there might not have ever been a country with fewer barriers to becoming a legal citizen. The largest barrier is the uncontrolled illegal immigration, it leaves a bad taste.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Monday morning quarterback...dime a dozen
Do you know what that phrase means? Do you really think no one was complaining about this stuff at the time?

Give your head a shake.

Top Bottom