R U Seeing Any Shortages?

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
Other than a lack of brain cells over here on the OTB, are you seeing any shortages, as in something gone missing from store shelves? I'm not really seeing any shortages here in MN (unlike Austin Texas, where Home Depot is having a tough time keeping their shelves stocked), but prices here do seem to be going up a lot.

balds

Reaction score
Yes. Plenty of barren shelves at Target, restaurants not having menu items, restaurants closed or limited hours, zero cars in inventory at dealerships, , shortage of cafeteria workers/bus drivers at kid's school, shortage of officials (HS games on Thursdays to compensate), shortage of DMV workers, shortage of shoes at shoe stores.

golf

Reaction score
Drove up to the cities a couple days ago and was very much looking forward to stopping at raisin canes. Imagine my horror when I saw a sign on the door informing that the lobby closed at 4 pm due to staffing shortage. I didn't want to get in line behind the 25-30 cars at the drive thru window, so a very unhappy Golf motored away into the night.

balds

Reaction score
Drove up to the cities a couple days ago and was very much looking forward to stopping at raisin canes. Imagine my horror when I saw a sign on the door informing that the lobby closed at 4 pm due to staffing shortage. I didn't want to get in line behind the 25-30 cars at the drive thru window, so a very unhappy Golf motored away into the night.
Help me understand Cane's. My kids love it, every kid I know loves it and some adults too. It's chicken strips with a bland mayonnaise like sauce. What am I missing?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
All kinds of electronic components, but that has been going on for two years now. What has been produced goes through the bottleneck of the port of Long Beach.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Help me understand Cane's. My kids love it, every kid I know loves it and some adults too. It's chicken strips with a bland mayonnaise like sauce. What am I missing?

Nothing, imo. The Cane's by us in Roseville also is drive-thru only. I don't get it. All of the other fastfood joints around them have their lobbys open. Cane's appears to be the exception for staffing? BS. Their strips aren't bad. The coleslaw is a winner. Good or better than KFC. The best strips I've ever had are from Publix in Orlando. Fresh out of the fryer they are completely amazing.

golf

Reaction score

Love the sauce, chicken breading, and large serving of fries. Texas toast a nice touch as well. Also cheap so right up my alley. 🙂

Nax5

Reaction score
Been hearing that coffee shortage may be up next. Now that would be an issue for a lot of people 😬.

I think nation wide productivity shortage would be a fast follower.

golf

Reaction score
Other than a lack of brain cells over here on the OTB, are you seeing any shortages, as in something gone missing from store shelves? I'm not really seeing any shortages here in MN (unlike Austin Texas, where Home Depot is having a tough time keeping their shelves stocked), but prices here do seem to be going up a lot.

By the way, regarding the brain cells remark, the OTB can be a pretty unforgiving place. The question here becomes: Why the need to be critical of those who engage in the rough and tumble of political discussion? Could it be that such an individual lacks the wherewithal to make cogent arguments himself? One does wonder.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Cane's is pretty fast in the drive thru

balds

Reaction score
I've been doing some night time excursions, as my daughter needs nighttime driving hours. Cane's in Apple Valley routinely has 20-30 cars in the drive thru at 8:30 on weeknights. Insane. I stand by my stance that it's just bland average chicken strips.

bga1

Reaction score
All kinds of electronic components, but that has been going on for two years now. What has been produced goes through the bottleneck of the port of Long Beach.
All plastic and foam materials are in short supply, long lead times, 20% + higher pricing and allocations. Most every industry depends on these products and higher prices on everything are coming down stream as a result. Many, of course, have already happened. In the world of raw material supply, companies are hoarding.

Obviously lumber, appliances and most everything related to home construction are skyrocketing in price and long lead times. Furniture has crazy long lead times. Labor is a huge factor and encouraging people not to work (high unemployment benefits) and mandating how they manage their health has exacerbated the problem originated by the insane lockdowns.

The people in charge are not stupid, they are just elitist fools. They want this to happen, they are ideologues from academia. It is part of a strategy to break our independence and mold a dependent society. This never had to happen.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I would like to see how many people retired due to COVID? Stock markets were super high, so it was a good time to get out of the market.

Wally

Reaction score
The people in charge are not stupid, they are just elitist fools. They want this to happen, they are ideologues from academia. It is part of a strategy to break our independence and mold a dependent society. This never had to happen.

Really?
Its worldwide. How could anyone have prevented it. I'm waiting...

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
All plastic and foam materials are in short supply, long lead times, 20% + higher pricing and allocations. Most every industry depends on these products and higher prices on everything are coming down stream as a result. Many, of course, have already happened. In the world of raw material supply, companies are hoarding.

Obviously lumber, appliances and most everything related to home construction are skyrocketing in price and long lead times. Furniture has crazy long lead times. Labor is a huge factor and encouraging people not to work (high unemployment benefits) and mandating how they manage their health has exacerbated the problem originated by the insane lockdowns.

I did not have "elites from Academia" on my bingo card. Most of my supply issues are the result of an overeliance on Just In Time manufacturing. One big supplier stops productions, and the ripple effect is HUGE.

Wally

Reaction score
I did not have "elites from Academia" on my bingo card. Most of my supply issues are the result of an overeliance on Just In Time manufacturing. One big supplier stops productions, and the ripple effect is HUGE.
Exactly. Capitalism maximizing profits at the expense of resilience. Crisis hits and it all blows up.

Last edited:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
thats a great point

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Was it really necessary to put "R U" in the threat title instead of "Are you"?

Do you want people to think that Minnesota fans are simpletons?

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
I guess Chick-fil-A will have to do?

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
"Old guy tries hard to not like something young people like"

Ope3

Reaction score
I've been doing some night time excursions, as my daughter needs nighttime driving hours. Cane's in Apple Valley routinely has 20-30 cars in the drive thru at 8:30 on weeknights. Insane. I stand by my stance that it's just bland average chicken strips.

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but I have seen the line in AV 50+. Even if it moves quickly, still has to be well over half hour. Nearby Chick-Fil-A I have seen 30+ plus as well.

As for shortages, Gatorade seems to be really in demand. I have seen it cleared out pretty much everywhere.

Sony earbuds seem to be hard to find as well.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Been hearing that coffee shortage may be up next. Now that would be an issue for a lot of people
Southerners figured out a trick for that back in the civil war, when the North cut off their coffee shipments.

Might have to go down that road again ....

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
They want this to happen, they are ideologues from academia.
That's it, lash out against universities -- on a college fan board 😂 -- because you weren't smart enough to test into college. ❄️

Top Bottom