Quick Thoughts on Future Opponents After Week 2

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Did this last week and the thread seemed to be well received so will do it again. Didn't see as much of the other games since I stuck with ours but here are my quick takes on where things stand after week 2 with our future opponents.

Colorado - Air Force rushed for over 400 yards against them.....think we are going to be ok next week

Michigan State - Didn't see any of their game but they dominated Akron. No doubt this will be our first true test

Purdue - Didn't see their blowout of Indiana State but not surprised they dominated. They may be our toughest competition in the West this year.

Illinois - Won a turnover fest against Virginia. RB had another big game. They will probably be OK.

Penn State - Dominated a Mac team similar to what MSU did. They look solid

Rutgers - Routed something called Wagner. Not ready to buy into them yet but they may be somewhat improved over where they have been in recent years.

Nebraska - Where to start.....their Defense is horrible, this is just a bad football team. They have some playmakers but they are on their way to another non bowl season and will almost certainly have a new coach next season.

Northwestern - Lost as a double digit favorite against Duke. Improved over last year, probably, but I don't think we are going to see any Northwestern magic this year as they hang around the bottom of the West.

Iowa - take Nebraska's defense and combine it with Iowa's offense and you may have the single worst team in the history of football. Good lord their offense is bad, really really really bad.

Wisconsin - Their defense has taken a massive step back and Washington State took it to them and scored the big upset.

Too early to get a true read on the how the West is going to shake out, but at the end of Week 2 I feel really good about our chances to win the division this year. There's a chance the game with Purdue proves to be the battle for the top spot in the West.

Thanks for doing this, hoping it's a weekly feature!

Next week will be a heavy dose of running I'm sure considering how bad Colorado's run defense was today.

I'm already nervous for the Michigan State game. I hope they come into that game undefeated as well and hovering around Top 10. Would be a huge opportunity.

Go Gophers!!

Although only Week 2 starting to see on other B1G West boards that Minnesota is going to win the west...

Now to be clear this is occurring when the home team did not perform well HOWEVER I can't recall ever seeing this observation coming forward.

Next step is to beat the Buffs...

Although only Week 2 starting to see on other B1G West boards that Minnesota is going to win the west...

Now to be clear this is occurring when the home team did not perform well HOWEVER I can't recall ever seeing this observation coming forward.

Next step is to beat the Buffs...
Not all that surprising as there is only one team in the West that should feel great about how the season has started and that is us.

Wisconsin - Lost at home to a Washington State team that barely got by Idaho last week.
Iowa - Defense and Special Teams look good.....but if you score 10 on them you win.
Northwestern - Lost at home to Duke
Illinois - Probably feels ok about things but have to be very frustrated with loss to Indiana
Purdue - Had Penn State on the ropes but couldn't close the deal
Nebraska - (insert joke here)

Top Bottom